Bama Thoughts NSFW

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Point swing plays are obvious, but I thought the 3rd down ref'ing was equally detrimental, to be honest. If both teams PI on a third down, and you call it on one side but don't on the other, you're essentially handing another drive to one team while taking a drive away from the other. That's a 2 possession swing all by itself. And if there are multiple 3rd down PI no-calls, you're then taking away even more drives from one team.

Then add in stuff like the fair catch thing, which didn't necessarily "kill" the drive, but significantly increased its chance of failure.

Our coaches have made it very clear that the purpose of their offensive pace is to create more drives. The bad calls / no calls literally work in the exact opposite direction.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Here's the kick...

https://x.com/jeffreythumser/status/1715835563238920259?s=46&t=Cnd3_KL6Iha_eJBW90LAJg

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How people can look at that, a blatant kick that serves no purpose other than to kick your opponent, as similar to the forearm to the helmet, which was clearly a football play where the defender attempted to "punch" the ball out, is beyond me. They are 100% different. One is a football play that looked sort of bad. The other is not a football play.

That said, if the rest of the game had been called normally/evenly, I wouldn't care at all about that kick going uncalled.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That is one of the best descriptions, I've read.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I have come to realize that the SEC football refs are pretty much shitty. I also realize that both teams are going do things. I just wish they would be equally shitty. If you are gonna call something on one, call it on the other when they do it. 5 yards TOTAL for 1 team is one-sided shitty.

I may not agree with your strike zone; it may be bogus; but if it is the same for everyone then players can adjust to avoid.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

That dude is a Tuscaloosa realtor. He grew up dreaming about how he could [uck fay] Tennessee over in Bryant-Denny.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He’s not.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Slaughter and Walker hit him as the ball arrived

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It has the appearance of corruption. It smells dirty.

10. VOLinDAWGland

Corruption has been uncovered in NBA reffing, given the dollars at stake and all kinds of donor grift, how would there not be corruption in NCAAF reffing?

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

That dude is an SEC official. He grew up dreaming about how he could [uck fay] Tennessee over in Bryant-Denny.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I put on my tin foil and started thinking about this home cooking. How long before unsavory parties get involved, or are they already?

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

They Zaprudered the fair catch, and apparently this was it?

This is legitimately the dumbest call I've ever seen.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was just about to post that. I’ve never seen anything like it

justingroves likes this.
  15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If that is a legitimate, intended application of the rule, end tackle football immediately. Could fit a lot of pickleball courts in Neyland.

justingroves likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wait.

Wait.

A guy....thirty yards in front of the guy catching the ball,.waves his hands for whatever reason and they call that an illegal fair catch?

Did Heupel [uck fay] this refs wife and daughter at the same time or something?

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

[uck fay] that soulless institution. I cannot wait for the crash and burn that’s coming. All of the bandwagon fans in Middle TN can eat shit. We had a chance to put another huge dent in the armor and blew it, but it doesn’t necessarily change our trajectory under Heupel. A loss to UK, however…..

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

And another thing, that’s not the first time, nor will it be the last time, that we got drug up and down the field by the sorry ass SEC officials in Tuscaloosa. 2019 comes to mind. I also thought of the 21 Ole Miss game even though it was at home.

19. VOLinDAWGland

It feels more corrupt than incompetent. It's just looks too intentional.

Daddy Gee, justingroves and warhammer like this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If that's the call, I don't care what the rule says or how it was written. That crew should be banned from officiating at all levels of football, tackle or otherwise.