Bama v. Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ditto. I was amazed at how the OU line dominated the Bama O-line. Maybe I shouldn't be as it's been a soft spot here and there all season for Bama, but they got whipped last night.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Hahaha. I can see it now on his draft report.

Needs to improve:
    finding open receivers
    making good throws

3. kidbourbon

While I'll acknowledge that they were able to get pressure, the type of pressure they were getting only results in sacks when the QB is doing his best impression of Matt Simms. Or, alternatively, if the QB is actually Matt Simms.

4. kidbourbon

What makes it worse is that the gameplan last night wasn't what we normally think of as "Saban's way". One would think that when the obvious answer in front of them is to do what they normally do, they would go ahead and do what they normally do.

Nah, fock it, put Mccarron in the gun again. He'll figure it out.

5. kidbourbon

I'm not sure who got exposed worse: (a) Tebow in the '09 SECCG, or (b) AJ last night.

6. CardinalVol

IMO, that was Saban wanting him to have a brilliant last game and thought he could pull it off. I don't think he thought OU would play with them like that.

7. kidbourbon

Okay, but then after the first half....

8. CardinalVol

See PBV post on coach's arrogance at post 236.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

McCarron has never had a gameplan go sideways on him like it did last night. The whole time he's been at Alabama, they've been able to do what they want, when they want to do it. A QB that's never had to adjust can't, when they need to. McCarron was exposed as a system QB.

Henry is a monster, but big running backs like him (see TJ Gurley) will get banged up during the season simply because they will take twice as many shots as a normal RB. It's not a bad thing, but they don't go down until 3 or 4 guys pile on. If he's healthy, I agree he'll be a dominant RB that should be on Heisman lists.

10. kidbourbon

And he's probably right. Still leaves me scratching my head.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Thats like me with Auburn, I have a great uncle that was an All-American there in the 50's.

12. kidbourbon

We'll have to see. Some guys are just more injury prone than others.* I certainly wouldn't mind if he were out for the Tennessee game, but for the rest of them I think I'd just like to watch him play. It's been a while since a running back has just jumped off the screen at me like that. He's special.

*Poor Sam Bowie

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

"With the 11th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select quarterback A.J. Mccarron from the University of Alabama....the New York Giants are on the clock."

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Oldtiger75, imo.

I bet you helped Trooper Taylor recruit Gabe Wright.

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

How in the world did you figure it out?????? I'm caught.

16. netnvol

netnvol Member

Bama QBs are just like Miami QBs used to be. Everyone kisses their asses, hands them awards they don't deserve, and when the shit hits the fan they get exposed as being mediocre talent surrounded by NFL-caliber studs who do the heavy lifting. Hell, Worley would probably make second team All-SEC if he had Bama's talent around him. Well...that might be a slight exaggeration...

17. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

True. Obvious passing downs put a spot light on that.

19. CardinalVol

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was just at that store a few days ago and said the exact same ting.