Barbara Bush Receiving "Comfort Care"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Apr 15, 2018.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

TangoUniform likes this.
  2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

41 won’t be far behind her. Hate to hear this.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Sad news. I drive by Barbara Pierce Bush Elementary on my way to work each morning. Also drive right by Millie’s dog park, which is in George H.W. Bush Park.

I was pretty shocked at the hatred spewed on Facebook (where I first saw the news) toward her and the Bush family. Will burn in hell, etc etc. Was particularly surprised how much of this hate was coming from the right. Something along the lines of never being able to forgive the Bush family for how they have treated President Trump - when they didn’t say a damn thing about Obama. Because, I guess you are judging when and will burn in hell for commenting on the fact that a scum bag is a scum bag.

JayVols likes this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, I’m pretty much glad Facebook is stealing everyone’s info.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

May her days be peaceful.

And nothing screams Christian like claiming someone will burn in Hell.

Judge not less ye be judged.

JayVols likes this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Idiocy doesn't fall on one side of the party line

justingroves likes this.
  7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Thoughts with the family. In the world of politics and politicians we live in she always seemed like the kind that carried herself well. It appears she got every ounce out of this life that was there to get.

VolDad and JayVols like this.
  8. JayVols

I've seen many instances where two people have been together so long that when one passes, the other passes shortly afterwards.

I hate it too. I didn't always agree with 41 and his policies, but I always had respect for him. I always felt he was a good and decent man that served his country well in many ways throughout his life.

9. JayVols

It's certainly an equal opportunity 'employer'.

10. JayVols

These words are perhaps the greatest thing that can be said about a person's life.

May we all be able for them to be said about us one day.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

41 was probably the most competent foreign policy president we've had in quite some time. His handling of the fall of communism was superb.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sad news. She was a strong partner for the president.

13. Beechervol

Agreed.

I borrowed it from a friends remarks about my granny a few years back when she passed. Was true in that case as well.

JayVols likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

A good first lady, a great american

lylsmorr and JayVols like this.
  15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I just want people to be able to say, "He was a Good Man".

..... "Not as good as Jay but a good man nonetheless".

JayVols likes this.
  16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Supporter of ERA and pro-choice, she was a free thinker and, reportedly, a formidable presence in the family. I quite liked both Bush First Ladies.

JayVols likes this.
  17. JayVols

You've got that last part wrong. You beat me by miles.

18. JayVols

If I were a Bush man & either Barbara or Laura told me to do something...even if it was to eat my hat, my reply would be, "Yes, ma'am."

19. JayVols

I would have loved to have met your granny. For you to speak about her with the reverence you do, I have no doubt that she was a truly great woman.

I could sit & have sat for hours upon hours just listening to the stories her generation could tell. Truly one of, if not the best this nation has produced. As the old saying goes, tough times don't last, but tough people do. The things they endured made them tougher than whitleather.

20. Beechervol

Agreed. They are a different kind.
    Grew up working her daddy's grocery store in our little corner of the world. She got to experience France for a few years post WW2 stationed with my granddaddy. Spoke pretty good French for a country girl. Got her first paying job after my grandad died and left his military retirement (by mistake) to take care of my mentally retarded aunt because he felt like it was his responsibility.

I remember people telling me how sorry they were for me when she passed but I remember replying to many of them that I was lucky to had known her for 33 years of my life and my kids knew her. Not everybody gets that lucky.

MWR, JayVols and justingroves like this.