Batman vs Superman with Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by **TDCVOL**, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Gotta keep the hipsters in line.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Because he went to work for the man after the justice league was dissolved

3. OrangeEmpire

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2016
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Started by Bruce Wayne. Seems legit.

Would have been funnier if the person who started it chose Stan Lee or something.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

6. OrangeEmpire

If nothing else, we'll give the folks in Clarksburg something to review.

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

it will play out in future films. if i'm not mistaken in the comics Superman kills Batman by ripping his heart out(dream sequence)

8. OrangeEmpire

Alright, well, my fandom has finally passed by and it's time for some random thoughts.

1. I'm not sure why the Africa scene is even in the movie at all. Throw out Jimmy Olsen getting shot in the head, Zach Snyder.....whY?????, how does it even set up any thing? Metropolis was destroyed. Why would this push a congressional hearing over the edge?

2. The editing for the first hour and 15 minutes of this movie is dreadful, hopefully the extended cut helps things out. Actually, the dreadful flow never stops.

3. Why in the world didn't Clark and Bruce go all detective on each other and figure out their respective secrets and have them meet for the first "fight" at Lex's party? Talk about fracking awesome! It would have made more sense when Supes warns Batman after the car chase.

4. The Capitol blowing up..............I dunno, I would have really loved to have seen Superman develop as a character and answer to Congress.

5. The reveal of the Justice League....via email.......right before the biggest fight in the history of the world?????????????

6. The whole Martha bit.............might have helped out if Batman would have audibly acknowledged that Lex duped him and he was doing every thing out of rage. Not going straight to Martha won't die tonight or whatever it is. Heck, throw in Alfred talking to him....any thing

7. Doomsday...what a waste. Would have preferred that Doomsday would have been set up as the villain for JL and have Supes die in the fashion of the comics.

9. OrangeEmpire

Deep down, I want Bryan Cranston to be introduced as old Lex.

Hahhahaha

10. OrangeEmpire

The nightmare at the crypt...........is that Bruce seeing himself becoming a monster or is that Man-Bat?

I figured it was Bruce seeing himself becoming a monster because it ties into his Mom.

11. OrangeEmpire

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

1. Apparently, the why will be better fleshed out when the extended cut is released. Apparently we didn't see the killings throughout the surrounding village that are mentioned by one of the survivors. Also, this would be more of a concern for Congress if real than steroids in baseball, and that circus actually came to town. I hope more is revealed about why this set off Congress and about Jimmy, but honestly, I'm glad Jimmy Olsen is gone. His was a cornball character for most of his time in the comics, and he was unnecessary window dressing. I'd just as soon see Bibbo Bibbowski as see Jimmy Olsen on the big screen. At least with him dead, superman fanboys won't be clamoring for more Jimmy O. Don't fret too much though. He could come back as a Black Lantern if DC ever gets that far into their universe.

2. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. There was a lot of story that was somewhat rushed out of time constraints I would imagine, but it was still well paced. It didn't feel like it was as long as it was in the end.

3. That still wouldn't have been as awesome as the Deathstroke theory.

4. Meh, I think that was just put in to punish me for laughing at the Granny's Peach Tea moment. I laughed all three times. Heck, I still think it's funny. I did wonder the second time if I was weird since no one else thought that was funny.

5. Yeah, just leave it out for crying out loud. Breaking the news about the fact that a JL movie is forthcoming was not needed since twitter and other parts of the internet that I am not really familiar with had already informed everyone that it was happening.

6. That was the poorest part of the story.

7. Yep. Not only was it a mistake from a strategic standpoint (putting the guy who killed Supes in such an early movie in your universe), Doomsday was handled poorly. Lex Luthor creates Doomsday? I get that the computer references a past "abomination", but what the heck did Lex's DNA have to do with it? Mixing this Lex's DNA should have made Doomsday a sniveling spoonfed wiener instead of a killing machine.

13. OrangeEmpire

The Deathstroke script could only be done by an actor and director willing to take a huge risk.

Have Michael Keaton be old Batman to come out of retirement.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just having Keaton play Batman in this last movie would have been interesting. It would have been entirely too impractical for WB moving forward with their DC universe, but bringing him back to do a more faithful retelling of the source material would have carried a bit of awesome with it.

15. OrangeEmpire

Alex Luthor strikes again!

[video]https://youtu.be/hgTT7GTmI5c[/video]

16. OrangeEmpire

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  17. OrangeEmpire

The oh $hit moment

[video=youtube;lr1eLwJ4FCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr1eLwJ4FCo[/video]

18. OrangeEmpire

Oops, wrong link

[video]https://youtu.be/a3HRgUhs73A[/video]

19. OrangeEmpire

Gotta check out The Ultimate Edition

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

finally got around to seeing it. didn't see the theatrical version. I thought it was pretty good. it entertained me. that's all I ask. took a while to get started, and I thought lex creating doomsday was way less epic than what I read about doomsday on Wikipedia. also felt like they shoehorned Wonder Woman in for the heck of it.

also I was very skeptical of ben Affleck as batman when they announced it but I thought he was good