Best Bits: Comedians Doing Comedic Comedy

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Aug 26, 2019.

1. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

I love me some Paul Mooney

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

kinda got to be in the mood for him, but was one of my favorites

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Sam Kinison was funny back in the day. My dad would let me stay up and watch him sometimes. He'd have to explain half the jokes to me, but he let me drink Beam and Coke, so it was cool

CitrusCo.Vol and TheOrangeEmpire like this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That may be the best thing I've ever watched.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Gigantic brass balls...just went total war on the entire crowd / city. Did you notice that they gave him a standing ovation at the end?

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep. I'd do the same thing if I saw someone do that in Knoxville because I'd probably agree with 95% of it.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's pretty brutal. I couldn't get past him talking about wishing cancer on folks and laughing at them. That's a line too far for me, even for Philadelphians. Barely.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

His bit about gold digging whores may be my favorite bit of all-time.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m sure that we’ve discussed Chappelle’s concert in Knoxville* before, but he sort of did the same thing as Burr, where he turned on the crowd. But instead of insulting them, as Burr did in Philly, Chappelle shamed a portion of that Knoxville crowd, and in the middle of a room packed with similar others.

Had it been Birmingham, and I not have paid for a ticket to watch it, it would have been beautiful to watch. But even considering that it was, his response was entirely correct and I was more ashamed of the crowd than anything he said.

* Basically, the later show which I attended was repeatedly, flatly, plainly and strongly reminded that Chappelle was not there to do a live-action version of his old-show, but was there in-person to do a brand new comedy routine of all-new material, instead. As such, he neither wanted nor appreciated the audience shouting at him throughout this new show, asking him to reenact material from his old show. Warning specifically said that the earlier crowd did that shit and it was terrible. Late-night crowd proceeds to yell at him almost from the bump, asking him questions and shouting lines from the show. He shuts down, says I have to stand here for 50 minutes in order to get paid, and that’s basically what he did.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Seinfeld is fantastic in person. I've never laughed so hard in my life.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

His Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is a great show.