POLITICS Beyond Parody

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Jan 9, 2024.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So tie it to Covid vaccine records?

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’ll get conspiratorial on this one, because it’s not a matter of if it will be abused but when

I’m with you that you need some way but that ain’t it

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I find a naked body laying out in the woods on the Canada/US border. Nothing comes up with fingerprints, doesn't match any database. How do I biologically determine the nationality of the body?

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If it opens the door for something like that it's probably not a great thing but I would hope we don't have elected officials dumb enough to try and make that happen.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no idea where COVID came into this. Vaccine records/status has nothing to do with e-verify or whether you are an American.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m talking about as it was written for use in the Secure the Border Act, for what it’s worth

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

zehr, what is stopping us from tying your medical records to your bank account and credit cards right now, which wouldn't stop what you are describing? This is paranoia. One could easily, on a technical level, do what you describe right now. You can't travel without a passport, after all.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

House passed it at 84% and Senators are griping about it. Infuriating.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I really hate that I’m agreeing with Massie here, but my qualm with it as written into the specific Act we are talking about is that it does give spiteful politicians an on/off switch for employment, or at the very least doesn’t prevent it from being weaponized in that way.

That’s terrifying

zehr27 likes this.
  10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This is about as slippery slope/conspiratorial as y’all will ever see me get

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Who is us?

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

correct

emainvol likes this.
  13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

No one will ever go broke banking on the stupidity (or spitefulness) of American elected officials

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

that’s not conspiratorial. It’s logical

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

the elected officials aren’t the issue generally and don’t really run much any more.

it’s all the unelected bureaucrats behind the scenes that you have to worry about

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They make it easy

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

America.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Friend of mine nailed it

E-verify or some version of it should be a tool in the toolbox, but not the toolbox.

I think there were several things wrong with the GOP bill, but how and to what extent it would expand that specific tool gets awful close to allowing it to be the toolbox

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hopefully Massie can get his PRIME bill through and made into law but I don’t see it.

Fat ass Americans are a cash cow to food companies and pharmaceutical companies. Will be too much money and interest to help push food production to smaller local and regional players and people eating actual food. Instead of food like processed shit.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So America can tie my medical records to my bank accounts at anytime?