POLITICS Beyond Parody

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Jan 9, 2024.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Far from perfect but a step in the right direction. Sounds like they are over the moon about it.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

In a crisis, we can wait for a perfect bill to be devised?

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Wasn't there a movie or something, Our Brand is Crisis?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cool. Now who is referring to this as an invasion?

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How hard is it to make a bill just about the crisis at hand?

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Texas

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Not your team I'm guessing?

zehr27 likes this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

We’re not talking about solving climate change here. Stopping the crisis is not complicated. All this bill does is stem the flow enough to give the appearance of order so they can claim victory.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What team?

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I would think in a crises you’d have a bill for that crises and not sneak other shit in, but that would make sense so it’s a no go

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Question for all y'all: how come Trump wasn't able to shut down immigration from his list of muslim nations? Why wasn't he able to stop DHS from processing asylum requests (which this bill addresses, hint hint)?

The idea that Biden has the funding and the ability to just end the issues on the border is a lie for political purposes. It's shameful.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The other team. Not yours. Red team I'm guessing.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Was immigration this bad under Trump? I can't remember.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

We've got enough money to fund a couple proxy wars but not enough to secure our own border?

justingroves likes this.
  17. HCKevinSteele

I’m not sure this is the best way to frame it. The border issue is used for political purposes by both sides. I’m not sitting here saying I think Trump did a great job. If Trump (or another Republican) wins I’ll give them the criticism they deserve when they fail to do what (I believe) they should.

This crisis is not an accident or purely driven by external factors. The Biden administration is, to a reasonably large extent, at fault for allowing it to snowball into such a disaster. But they don’t view the crisis itself as a bad thing, only the political fallout.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  18. HCKevinSteele

Not even remotely close

Edit: Which isn’t to say Trump did a perfect job or the increase is 100% the fault of the Biden administration. But the fact remains.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Federal spending doesn't work like that. You can only spend what is authorized. We authorize a lot of defense spending and we authorize additional aid in batches.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bama? UGA?