POLITICS Beyond Parody

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Jan 9, 2024.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're having a miscommunication. I am saying that in a technical sense it would be possible to tie two electronic systems together already, including financial/banking ones to medical records. But that isn't happening. I don't see how e-verify changes the situation. The reason it isn't happening is because that is blatantly illegal.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

FBI has already been compiling a list if you’ve bought a bible, shopped at bass pro/cables, or donated to trump from your credit and debit cards.

it’s fun what the fall out from 9-11 has been on Americans right to privacy

warhammer likes this.
  3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I said the everify stuff would be as conspiratorial as I would get, but I could easily get on a tangent about how big healthcare and big pharma have no interest in seeing anything happen that makes it easier, more affordable, and more accessible for average Americans to have healthier diets and lifestyles

But, when your whole health care system is built up to be about profits and not… healthcare. Well…

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I do stop short of the Amash stance that this will end up in some kind of “social credit” system.

But I definitely see how people think that expanding it in certain ways inches us closer to that end

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

This seems like a distortion for a purpose. They probably compile everything, and then they create matrices to look for trends or profiles. So you could say they are also compiling a list if you've bought Goodnight Moon, shopped at Lowe's, or donated to PETA.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh yeah, and it predates 9/11 even.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it was framed like, "I want to ensure there is the ability to spend money and work without there being records generated or checked," I wouldn't say shit about it because then it is clearer. But to make a boogeyman story out of it is just special pleading. This is right in line with the "Domesday Book" of 1086.

emainvol likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Had to look it up, but the Library Awareness Program was around in the 70s

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Is that the same program that helped Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt find Kevin Spacey?

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Ha, what’s funny is remembering the scene in Se7en is exactly why I looked it up.

bostonvol likes this.
  11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I think it’s objectively not conspiratorial.

12. HCKevinSteele

Been here a long time and I didn’t always think that.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Guess you were wrong before.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah it absolutely is and I’ll admit as much. There are too many hurdles to clear for it not to be

I just happen to think that the track we are on, those hurdles both can and will be cleared if we don’t rein it in now.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

And to be clear, conspiratorial or conspiracy doesn't mean "not real," it is just a way of thinking/framing that can be problematic because it can be applied to anything with little burden of evidence. And in this case, I was pointing out that this isn't needed for the conspiracy of some nefarious group tying medical records to the ability to earn/spend money, book of Revelation-style.

emainvol likes this.
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There are similarities to this program, but the claims involve different actors and appears to be less regulated. I'd like to see more, less filtered information on it before I start clinging to my guns and my Bibles. I'd take more reporting in the press as well, but since the FBI hasn't commented, the remaining outlets probably may not know what to print just yet.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh yeah I follow you.

19. HCKevinSteele

That was my bad I was somewhat skimming along and totally misread your post. I agree with you.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

No worries, I didn’t take it any kind of negative way.