Bigwig Meeting Has Been Called

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 1, 2017.

1. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

I don't really know. What I have heard though, is there are some core issues like the Thornton Center, and how much overall control they will give a coach, that have been major hold-ups in the past. It's my understanding that Peyton has led the way to remove any hindrance for Currie getting who he wants.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is an arbitrary line to draw, and I doubt it could be reasonably defended. This is the landscape. There's no line on tuition either.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch doesn't [itch bay] when they won't let him get a borderline academic guy in. Butch doesn't [itch bay] about anything because he knows he's fortunate to be at Tennessee. He's a yes man.

4. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

That's an extremely succinct version of what I said. Thanks.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Ok, but if Butch had won 2 East titles, he would likely be over 5 mil. And Shoop is making a mil. What are we looking at for Kelly? 6 mil? 6.5? 7? It doesn't seem like the dollars are THAT far off. But I guess I understand what you are saying.

Just seems crazy to invest in all the facilities then get cheap on the coach.

6. TDVol1989

Thanks Boro. Hang around.

7. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Coaches that warrant $10 million typically don't like being controlled.

8. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

I'm always around....just don't post much. Throw up a bat signal if you need me.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

And there's the answer.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My goal is to make it over there for a game. You guys have a legit shot at the playoffs.

11. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

I'm really enjoying it. They are a fun team to watch. We rushed for 436 yards last week against Greensboro.

My son has solidified himself as a starter on special teams, is the scout team QB, and is travelling as a freshman. It's made this football season really special.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's extremely stupid, I don't know why he thinks that way.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's awesome.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Finebaum just dropped a nuke. He said that UT is breaking out the bank and that Gruden is the first call.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It can’t be good to have people openly speculating about a coaches replacement while we still have a coach employed.

16. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Yep...I'd heard something similar yesterday without the specific name. I was told the money is pledged for the RIGHT coach. That was part of what Peyton got accomplished at the shot-caller meeting Sunday night.

Butch knows he's not coming back, and all of the obstacles for Currie have been removed to make a splash hire.

17. He did buy the Browns.

18. TDVol1989

I have to wonder about letting Butch linger. The conversation has already moved to whose next. That's got to be awkward for everyone. In this case, I have to wonder about the players. I get the ducks on a row but dang.

19. TDVol1989

Mushroom cloud! Don't tell Tenny

20. Get this ball sack out of here. Give us something to cheer for the rest of the year.