Bigwig Meeting Has Been Called

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 1, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Big Jim doesn't want Tennessee to be strictly a "football school" which is funny because football is the whole ****ing reason he came to Tennessee in the first place

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There isn't so much a brave heart style uprising as there is a "you've screwed up two hires back to back, we'll handle it" deal going on

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Maybe he is senile?

4. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

He's an elitist criminal jackass.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Fact.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Boro posts here too.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Let's be clear then. Are you saying if we lose 2 - 4 games a year, it is easier to position the school as more "balanced"? Or, are you saying he thinks money should be diverted to academics?

Look at the teams ahead of us in the polls and in the SEC. Florida and Bama are better rated educations. Michigan. Penn St. I do not see where winning at football devalues education.

And, as much money as he has, he ought to know a successful athletics program loses less money than a poor one.

I am not picking at you, just Big Jim's angle. And, I am trying to understand why he is at the center and we hire Dooley and Jones.

8. TDVol1989

I haven't seen him in awhile unless he goes by something else here. But, I do recall Boro posting here awhile back. He needs to be over here anyway. He catches crap over there for being right.

9. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Let's be honest about what 'Boro said. I didn't say anything about him pushing the Haslams out. I said their was a new respected, wealthy, influencial individual who was helping consolidate support, and clear the way for Currie to do his job. Somebody else piped in with the Haslam suggestion. It just seems young Mr. Manning is shouldering a larger role than he has previously.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Yea, Haslam would not be a new influence

11. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

All I mean is, I don't believe there is a power struggle, and Peyton is not putting anyone in the corner. He is simply leading.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Yep

13. TDVol1989

There was something about if successful and what happened to Bryant Jr. But I am sure I over paraphrased a couple of posters.

14. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Somebody else posted that. I just agreed that Peyton was running with the ball on this one. I think his role has been to make sure there were no hold-ups in the process....whatever, or whoever that might be.

15. MWR

MWR Contributor

Somebody sure needs to be leading.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Big Jim doesn't want to be seen as a school that spends 10 million on a coach.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is correct.

How you been?

18. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Good man...thanks. I lurk here a lot...never far away.

I've been wrapped in my son playing football at Maryville College. Thank the Lord for that diversion this season.

19. TDVol1989

Yes I noted 917 which was a shortened version of his name. I wasn't trying to quote you guys as much as delve into the psyche of some of our boosters. I get the dueling egos, but it would seem there would be plenty of bragging rights to go with a home run coach that your money helped hire.

I don't live in Knoxville or have connections. But I seem to be missing what some of the "holdups" are actually trying to achieve. What's in it for them to have a Butch like coach?

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Ere he is