Blackburn Is Not the Guy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2016.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Remember Lovie Smith

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I meant it literally

It really is unbelievable

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

GILBERT GAINING MOMENTUM? Hearing that UT deputy AD Jon Gilbert may be getting traction with certain boosters. Rumor is that administrator Donna Thomas has gone to bat for Gilbert, who came with Dave Hart from Alabama and who handled the search that culminated with the selection of Donnie Tyndall. For those of you not keeping score at home, Thomas presided over a UT Hall of Fame selection process than resulted in Gen. R.R. Neyland not being named to the inaugural UTAD men's and women's list.

Lol. Trolling

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think they are trying to interject an element of suspense. At least I hope. I still believe that they wanted to clean house. They aren't promoting Gilbert.

At least I hope.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Indeed

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm getting close to know giving a shit at all, so they might as well finish the deal.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I actually like John Currie.

8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Basilio not giving up on Jon Gilbert, pushing it again today. I would dismiss this as 'click bait' but it is so UT to do something like that.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I suspect there really are people in that camp. Who knows how much pull they have.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I don't think it's that many.

11. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Supposedly wasn't that many that squashed the Gruden deal either. Sometimes it doesn't take many, just the right ones.

12. LittleDTO

LittleDTO New Member

Squeaky wheel gets the grease

13. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

So, is he our next AD or not.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I have seen info that he's being named next week, unless he isn't.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'd put a lot of money on him getting the job

16. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

UTC's football coaching search should expedite the process, if Blackburn is indeed the guy.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Damn..Doug Mathews shoulda called JG for the scoop.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Doug is busy tearing the hiring process a new one. He's got a point too

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He has a point, but it's the wrong point. His ass is chapped because the folks he was talking to let him run off in the wrong direction

That doesn't mean the process he is criticizing was a good one, but the root of Doug's problem is that he got caught with his pants down, representing that this was a two man race when it turns out he didn't know what he was talking about. It doesn't help that his guy Fulmer was one of the two men, either.

Still, good call back in December.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a convoluted stupid process that required leaving Blackburn and Fulmer out there while they back doored Currie in. I don't really care about them sending Fulmer's name out there, but Blackburn shouldn't have been treated like that.

Also, you've got the mouthbreathers yelling how "they done did Fulmer wrong again!" which is unnecessary blowback.

I assumed it was Blackburn's to lose unless Currie threw his name in there. The really stupid thing about this whole search was Currie didn't really even come up until K-State played Tennessee at the end of January. If you've had 9 months to find your replacement, it shouldn't come together in 4 weeks due to a random basketball game on the schedule.

It was a disorganized shit show.