Bob Kesling has gotta go

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tmac61, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

We can get a petition started? Counzo style?

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I don't like listening to him but in all fairness, anyone replacing Ward was going to practically get the same treatment.

3. Jersey8

Jersey8 Member

Maybe I'm out of radio-listening practice since every game is on TV, but I was in the car during the third quarter Saturday and had no idea what was happening between the cheggarbards. But I'd agree that John Ward wrecked the curve.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Ward's been gone forever. Kessling is no longer measured as bad in comparison to Ward...he's bad in comparison to silence.

5. Tmac61

Yes John Ward launched a huge shadow but Kesling flat sucks. Can't pronounce names correctly. Cant say checkerboard correctly. "Into the cheggerboards." Has no inflection in his voice. Doesn't seem overly excited when Tennessee succeeds.

I could go on but you get the point.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If you listen to Kesling, you are still waiting on him to tell you the damn score.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Bigger fish....

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I wonder how much listenership has decreased since John left. A bunch I bet. Probably less than half. The days of turning down the TV volume and playing the Vol network are long long gone.

The time I really miss him is basketball. I've never heard anyone come close to Ward calling hoops. The dropoff from him to Kesling there is even bigger than in football.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yes! Drives me crazy. Makes me furious actually. Sometimes he doesn't even tell it before going to commercial break.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Priest is fun to listen to, though

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So is Bertelkamp. The color guys actually make the broadcast, as they allow themselves to homer.

12. Tmac61

Yep. I want a homer as my broadcaster. Ward was a huge homer.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He's bad in comparison to heavy construction equipment right outside your door

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We hired [ddiapos] and Butch Jones. Kesling is right where he needs to be.

15. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I was camping and listened to the FL game on the radio. He called the second kick good and we all shouted/highfived for 90 seconds. When we quieted down, we heard the bad news.

Mike Keith would be a major improvement.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Everything said above is true. Down/distance? Score? Time left? You never know with Kesling. Mispronounced names, gabbing about irrelevant bullshit while the play is happening... He's just awful. No coincidence that the downfall of UT football coincides with his arrival in the broadcast booth.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

A muffler dragging on the ground would be an improvement.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He's a symptom of a greater problem. He's a tv guy doing radio. That's about all there is any more.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Ouch.

20. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

No national titles since Kesling has been here. At some point he has to get it done or leave.