Bold Prediction for Tonight (2/21/12)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Feb 21, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mississippi State knocks off Kentucky.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Don't see it. I'd take UK by 12.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

A month ago I might have gone along with this. But MSU appears to be reeling.

4. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Not trying to sound pompous, but UK usually brings out the best in programs. Wouldn't be surprised to see MSU rally and shoot the ball great tonight. Then again, after Stansburys comments about Twanny Beckham I wouldn't be surprised if the Cats put their foot on their throat and cruised. Hard to say, but the hump can be a tough joint.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The first and last sentence of hardwood's post are why I am going with it.

Plus, State is just due a good game, and Kentucky is due a bad one.

6. kidbourbon

They are either due a good game, or they are unraveling. It can go either way.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Arrogant/pompous post. Imo, jmo, Cats suck, VFL!

8. hardwoodfanatic

When I want any lip from you, I'll get it from MHF's zipper! OH!!!!!!

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Talked to some coaches this weekend. They all think Stansbury is on the verge of getting himself fired. State expended a lot of money and burned bridges in getting Renardo Sidney into school and on the floor. If they collapse and miss the tournament, which they are in real danger of doing, the administration may decide enough is enough. There's no reason for a team that talented to be in this situation.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

what channel and when is this game on?

11. hardwoodfanatic

ESPN, RTF Now. State shooting lights out, Bost is owning Teague, UK jacking up perimeter shots.

12. hardwoodfanatic

Terrence Jones playing a like a helmet wearing [uck fay]tard who eats yellow snow.

13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

State looking good right now...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  14. hardwoodfanatic

EAD Teague.

15. hardwoodfanatic

Technical on Davis is Bullshit.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

God, I [uck fay]ing hate Kentucky. Way to piss this one away MSU.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This team looks like a team that has a good chance of winning the tournament. I haven't really thought that about any of Cal's other teams.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was this for hanging on the rim? if so, i just saw the replay, and it looked like if he had let go immediately, he would have went flying.

19. hardwoodfanatic

Yep, it certainly was.

20. kidbourbon

Note: The below is a cursorily adapted FB wall post rambling on a HS buddy of mine's (he's a UK fan) FB wall. Not pulitzer worthy...forgive me.

I watched almost all of the second half of the game this evening. Hardwood, your boys are really really good. They're gonna cut down the nets. Syracuse is the only team that has the size to beat them, and 'cuse could give them problems with that zone, but I was supremely impressed with UK this evening.

Here is the difference between this year's team and the Cousins/Wall team. This team is just as talented, but it's almost like they never got the memo about how talented they are. They play like alley-cats (especially unibrow and Kidd-Gilchrist...dear god those guys are good). And that's what you want. Usually the most talented guys are a little bit lazy; they play like they've already accomplished something. Like fatcats. But this team doesn't have fatcats...they got alley-cats. And alley-cats you want. They hustle and scrap for loose balls. They get down in a stance on D. They get the steal or rebound or block and they're already looking to push it upcourt.

Teague still needs to be more consistent. I actually thought Doron Lamb did a better job running the offense than Teague in the halfcourt when Teague when out with foul trouble. But half the time they don't even get set in the half court becaue they are pushing it up court for the fastbreak, and Teague is fine with that role. But I was most impressed with their defense. Anthony Davis is a beast -- don't get me wrong, he's no Samaki Walker or Never Nervous Pervis...let's not get carried away -- and the whole team plays with good defensive intensity.