Bombshell lawsuit filed against UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Daddy Gee, Feb 9, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's not that hard to not be out of control

2. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Agreed, if you know where your line is. i have known guys who would not stop until they had no idea of what they were doing.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. some people can't handle it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't like going out drinking with friends anymore because it feels like they're depending on me to keep them out of trouble.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. You have to know your limits and if you do staying in control is not hard at all.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's hard for a lot of people for a lot of different things

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Also true.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I drink little these days. I went from being the guy being in the role IP mentioned to being the one needing looked after. This was after a long drought with regard to alcohol. I'd rather enjoy myself than worry about what I did the night before. It took more nights put than I'd like to admit to understand it. It's easy to get out of control at times. I used to not believe this, but it's true. Fortunately I never did anything too stupid.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've certainly done some things I wish I hadn't, most are things I said rather than actions, but even when I was young and so drunk I was throwing up, I can't say I ever got completely out of control. but it's good for everyone to know their limits.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't mean to make it seem like I was an out of control, raging drunk. I just went further than I wanted, faster than I expected. I said some things and showed my ass a bit a couple of times, but that was about it. I will point out that Dooley was head coach at Tennessee during this time, and two of the episodes occurred during trips to games.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shoot, I was completely sober and did those things during the Dooley years.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I slowed down because I enjoyed fighting. Give me 10 beers and somebody look at me the wrong way or say something, here we go.

I slowed down when I had to pull a tooth out of my hand. I still have no idea who's tooth it was.

I drink, but I know my limits.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I'm mostly a happy drinker. Well, until my wife [itch bay]es at me for having too many.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Hess Hall is a contributing factor.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I lived in Hess my freshman year. Someone set off the fire alarm like 6 times.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Wives have no sense of humor for happy drunks.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife lived there, I lived in Reese

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is why I don't drink a lot. I'm afraid if I ever got too drunk that I might kill someone. I have some anger issues when I'm sober, so I've always been afraid that excessive drinking would make it worse.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Some friends or ours, my wife, and I was on the way to a NASCAR race in Atlanta on a Saturday when my wife got a little upset over smelling whiskey in the back seat of the car. She could not understand how I could perceive drinking at 10 AM as a good thing. I mean we were going to a race, and it was a long ride from Huntsville. Women...

20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

At Gibbs, during Spring Practice back during the day, the held coaching clinics. They would park beer trucks between Gibbs and Stokley to "unload" them for the coaches. Somehow I always had teammates that always helped take some of the burden off the drivers.