POLITICS Border Wall / Gub-mint Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I was mandatorily educated by a unionized workforce of government bureaucrats / militarised liberals in a public school to standards established and funded by local, state and federal governments - so I’m certain that it all worked as planned, and that I’m now more than capably educated.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ah, that explains why you joined the Navy. I was private school.

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow, important and super critical point. This distinction you inserted certainly is very impactful and meaningful to this discussion. Good job. It was totally worth chasing it down and spelling it out. Someone could have come by here and reached some other conclusion, for sure maybe.

4. Tenacious D

You may be right, but there’s now nothing in front of me to suggest that you are, or will be proven correct.

If the Dems keep squandering all of this white-hot #resistance anger on a giant self-soothing circle jerk, and instead of pointing it directly toward the flipping of key 2020 electoral states, they’re going to lose again, and by an even wider margin.

And I sincerely say this in love and respect to my friends, both across the aisle and to the GOPe Rhino / Never Trumpers - if ya’ll think that you hate first-term Trump....you will not want to see and experience his second term, with absolutely no spectre of re-election hanging over his head.

I love The People of the United States and will support and trust whatever they decide, in 2020 or otherwise - and perhaps unlike some, even when it is personally disagreeable or repugnant to my own thoughts, ideas, wishes.

That’s democracy, in a Constitutional Republic.

5. fl0at_

Someone did. Tenny. And also you.

In fact 100% of all responses to the chain have been invalid.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is this hypothetical or "in reality?" Please be clear, it apparently can completely change the message. I am assuming it is hypothetical, since there hasn't been an election yet but you stated it like a fact. Very confusing! What could you mean?!!

7. Tenacious D

Fair.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Militarised liberals of the East Tennessee school districts. Ah, I remember them well. That Crusade for Christ I was marched over to during school hours for a week each year was the most liberal of southern baptist teachings. Women didn't have hats on!

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree, your responses have been pretty meaningless to the overall conversation today.

10. fl0at_

I don’t think Trump cares. He isn’t expanding his base, or trying. He acts like he’s already in his second term. He came in that way.

We’ll see what his campaign looks like, but he won by being very, very focused on certain electoral areas. That die has been cast.

I don’t see him doing it twice, which means he needs to pick up more popular vote... and it doesn’t look like that has happened.

We’ll see though.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  11. fl0at_

I’m going to ban you.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then who will auto-greet new members via pm?

13. fl0at_

Foiled.

14. Tenacious D

It’s dumb because, why?

Do you disagree with the fact that terrorists have been using our unsecured Southern border to illegally access the US?

You don’t think that these detained persons have been actually or correctly listed on terrorists and/or “special interest alien” lists?

Or is it that you do believe that they are terrorists, they they are actively using the unsecured Southern border to illegally enter the US - but that we should find it unconcerning and acceptable to allow their illegal entry until such time as they actually commit a terrorist act in our country and against our fellow Americans, once inside?

I’m for immediately stopping all suspected terrorists from entering the US via any route or method, in all cases, including but not limited to, the now unsecured southern border.

15. Tenacious D

Well, it clearly didn’t work - so are you arguing that it ultimately did no harm, that we should increase our Crusade for Christ efforts in public school, or both, heathen?

16. fl0at_

I believe it is a small return on investment, I support utilizing money where it is best utilized.

If 5.5 or 5.7 billion, or whatever, stops 1 attack, that is 5.5 or 5.7 billion per attack. But if it is used in other places, where more people are actually coming through, and it stops 2... then that 5.5 or 5.7 billion has been twice as effective.

If it is zero sum, and it is the wall or nowhere, then yea, we build a wall. Because though low percentage, it stopped low percentage. But it isn't zero sum...we can spend it elsewhere, on higher percentage places.

Stick to the takin' our jobs... the terrorism thing has little merit, other than to justify using defense funds. Good luck.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm saying that there are not "militarized liberals" in the school systems, especially in Tennessee. If there were, wouldn't they want to have guns? Or is the bar for what "militarized" means in the realm of "having a different political opinion and says so?" Further, there are no teacher's unions in Tennessee and the state does not allow there to be. There are faith-based "associations," though. You want to crack down on those? They aren't liberal.

Standards in place are still from the W. Bush era. Nope, no liberal bogeymen there either.

18. Tenacious D

He’s doing this via illegal immigration, IMO.

According to a recent Harvard-Harris poll..

65% of voters would support:
    1. A DACA deal, and
    2. Securing the Southern border, and
    3. Ends Chain Migration, and
    4. Eliminates the Visa Lottery.

Similarly, a majority of voters from nearly every demographic group would support the deal, and these four things, including:

68% of Hispanic voters
    64% of African American voters
    64% of Democratic voters
    67% of all independent voters
    63% of liberal voters
    68% of those who voted for Hillary Clinton in ‘16

The poll also reveals that 60% of voters oppose giving preference to parents who illegally brought their children to the US.

Finally, the poll also found that 81% of voters want to reduce legal immigration from its current level of more than 1 million per year, and 63% want it cut by at least half.

Trump has consistently, frequently, specifically, strongly and continuously supported each of these things.

The poll: http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-con...HHP_Jan2018-Refield_RegisteredVoters_XTab.pdf

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What is the TEA then, if not a union?

20. Tenacious D

But you do agree that terrorists are actively and recently used, or attempted to use, the unsecured Southern border to illegally gain access into the US, correct?

You’re not arguing the truth and reality of those facts, only what is best to be done about them, now after having realized the truth of their existence?