Bowl Eligible

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Beechervol should whip his ass

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I dint hate him but he’s a [penis].

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Deets.

4. chavisut

MCB apparently pays out much more than Gator.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I thought all the SEC bowl money was put into a pot and split?

Tenacious D and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But I think the school going gets a % of the money before it goes to the SEC, if I am not mistaken. But I could be wrong. Either way, I don't think the extra cash would outweigh the "prestige" of a Florida bowl game where it is [uck fay]ing warm and not in Nashville.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Withrow and channel 30 wanted to broadcast a Beech home game. Beech doesn't like it, because they don't have room for it in their press box. They also live stream games (or they're trying to get it up and going). Whenever channel 30 comes, coaches get booted out of there. They declined having their game broadcast.

Withrow blasts them on his radio show and Beech says he's no longer welcome at the school.

Both sides acted like petty children.

8. chavisut

Haven’t been to Gator but I’ve been to Outback. I’d rather freeze in Nashville, thanks.

justingroves likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fair enough. Having never traveled to any of these games, I'll defer to those with experience!

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I assume they have blooming onions available in the concessions stands. If this is not the case, I think we need to burn the whole thing down.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They may not, but I bet they have some [uck fay]ing French fries

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’ve been to the Gator, Peach, and Music City, and the Gator was my best experience, but that’s probably mostly because we won

justingroves likes this.
  13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Why do people think Flarda is more prestigious? The prestige of a bowl game is equal to its payout rank. And while it seems a lot more difficult to find what the payouts are than it should be, it looks like

Outback ($6.3) > MCB (5.6) > Belk (4.5) = Liberty (4.2) > Gator (3.1)

at least according to whoever put this together http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl-schedule/2019/

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I've seen wins in all of them. A trip to Nashville is one hell of a lot easier than Florida, aka America's wang.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Been to the Gator. Got a friend with a place on the beach down there to crash at.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's funny. I know Withrow. I've only listened to him on the radio once or twice. I'd say he'd by far be the most likely radio personality to fit in here.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's pissed a lot of Sumner county off. I like him on the radio, but he could have handled the Beech deal better. Beech should have too

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I was living in North Carolina at the time, so Jacksonville was a much easier trip than Nashville. Now I’m in Maryland and any of the above would be hellacious. But I’m not exactly pining for an SEC affiliation in the Military Bowl

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not 30 degrees at kickoff

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Gator has more luster because they've been playing it for 70 years.

A-Smith likes this.