Bruce Pearl Hired as Head Coach at Auburn

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Mar 18, 2014.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Sorry for not making this all one post. I spoke with Bruce's youngest son Mikey, who my little brother used to be pretty close with and he said that Bruce's initial response to Auburn was pretty much "hell no" but that Auburn showed they were committed to improving their basketball program, financially and otherwise and that's what swayed him.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

3. hatvol96

Tennessee's "status and brand" is so much better than Auburn that even acting as if that issue is worthy of discussion is nonsense.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Very much doubt he had many other major conference programs beating down his door

5. hatvol96

I'd say not having any other good options swayed him.

6. RockyHill

No doubt, his son said straight up that he didn't have any other suitors at all.

7. hatvol96

Again, his alma mater was going to keep a coach who was failing miserably to keep from dealing with even the hint of Pearl as a candidate.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Those two are in a perpetual state of trying to 1-up each other. It's a redneck arms race in that state.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I hate to even mention the name, and I'm certainly not giving him the clicks, but has Clay Travis killed himself yet?

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Clay Travis is 100% spot on about this whole Bruce and Clownzo situation. It makes no sense that you all hate him - he trolls the retards and inbreds of the fan bases - his target audience are people who actually have some sort of education and/or common sense.

11. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

I rarely ever post on here, but even I know you're a miserable human being.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seriously, ignore him and he will stop eventually. You're giving him a boner by taking this bait

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

post more to dilute his.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Please stop posting - your posts are about as unoriginal as your username.

Thanks for the bolded pink text, IP.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wasn't me. I prefer the Lance bass avy, too.

16. RockyHill

I never said Auburn's program was comparable to Tennessee in that regard. With that being said, don't try to make Tennessee's program out to be something impressive or even a shadow of what it was under Pearl. UT has an arena it can't fill, facilities that only got built because of Pearl's success and a coach that only seems determined to win in the last two weeks of the season. Excluding Pearl's tenure UT had no more basketball success than Auburn in the last twenty years. I'm not trying to discount how big Bruce Pearl was for UT or imply that he'll reach that level of success at Auburn. But as a fan of UT that goes to Auburn I enjoy pointing out the delusions of grandeur of each fan base.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I heard that Gary Parrish (CBS National CBball writer) said on his radio show in Memphis today that Slive has been endorsing/pushing Pearl to get another SEC gig this year in an effort to ell boost that SEC basketball profile for the up coming SEC network......

18. hatvol96

Don't attempt to tell me what I do or don't know about college basketball.

19. hatvol96

As a UT grad who hopes Auburn is hit with an all encompassing fire, I can tell you I don't give the first damn what you enjoy.

20. RockyHill

I'm sure you're immensely knowledgeable about college basketball, and I'm not talking about what you do or don't know. The facts are that UT's basketball program is not in a good place and presumably won't get better soon and that their "status and brand" is pretty much irrelevant on a national level, which couldn't be said while Pearl was in Knoxville.