Bruce Pearl's treatment on this board

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hallowed_hill, Jul 21, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If you were on campus when UT was winning the SEC and nationally ranked, yet didn't care, why should anyone give the first shit about your opinion? Also, Tony Harris is a choirboy compared to the pieces of trash the fired human garbage recruited.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Wow...hatvol going with the "true fan" argument.

Nice.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ok, KB. "To me," your opinion on this particular subject is absurd. Now are we communicating effectively?

4. hatvol96

That's not a true fan argument. That's an "If you are an ignorant ****, why would I listen to you?" argument. Big difference.

5. kidbourbon

Are you communicating this from a solipsistic perspective?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, we're going apples to apples here so as not to get dragged into a larger conversation about "reality."

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I argued, exhaustively, on behalf of Pearl for years. For this, I got lumped in with the MikeHamilton Fan's of VN, who would've drank Pearl's bath water, by some and battled with hat pretty strongly during Pearls tenure. However, my position on Pearl was that I loved having him as a coach because he gave us our most successful period in UT hoops, two Sweet 16s and an Elite 8 in 5 years, but that it was justified that he was fired. I wanted to keep him because he was a great coach for us, but he screwed up and I had no issues with him going, however bummed I was.

Regardless of my opinion on Pearl, I have been going to UT basketball games since DeVoe was roaming the sidelines and I've moved on to Martin, who is making me feel more optimistic about his chances as time moves along (especially if he can start pulling guys like Hubbs and Nichols).

8. kidbourbon

Ignorant for not getting excited about those basketball teams? Sure man. If that's how you define ignorance. But my apathy was far from radical. There was never much of a buzz about those teams.

9. kidbourbon

Okay, I think we're good then.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was in high school, and was still excited about those teams and attending games. I get it, you were probably banging girls and what not. But those were exciting times, despite the unfortunate coaching.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Huh? Could have fooled me.

The 2000 UT/Florida game is still one of the top 5 UT games I've ever attended. Tony Harris single-handedly won that game.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Most exciting sporting year of my life.

13. CardinalVol

You by any chance weren't the kid who told me I was the reason UT basketball would always suck because I told Vincent Yarbrough how worthless he was every trip down the court one half were you.

14. hatvol96

Hey, wannabe intelligencia like KB didn't care. Thus, it didn't matter.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

No way, I was a quiet kid in high school and undergrad.

16. CardinalVol

Was just wondering the odds of that actually being you. I really, really wanted to smack that kid.

17. kidbourbon

I don't know. Maybe I was busy that semester with school. Maybe I was trying to bang hot girls. Maybe a mix of both.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Vincent Yarbrough wasn't worthless. I'll buy he didn't reach his potential. Still had a good career. Better than Hopson's.

I think it's fair to say there wasn't as much overall fervor over the Green era. I was just as into it then because a) that was the bulk of my years in school and 2) I love me some Tennessee basketball.

I still think Pearl brought something to the game that Green didn't, not just in the carnival barking.

19. CardinalVol

You say that like I was Mr. One and Done's biggest fan..........

But yes, Pearl is a much better coach than Green. Green had so much raw talent out there in 99-00 that he couldn't help but win. Truth be told, that 00-01 team should have done much better than it did.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It isn't really the greatest comparison. But Yarbrough was pretty good. Doesn't help he straddled Green and Buzz. Their tenures, I mean.