Bulls documentary

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Apr 19, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good stuff

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How about a spoiler alert next time.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That into music still gets me fully torqued.

justingroves likes this.
  4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

My wife was sitting in the dining room, heard it come on and said, “I love the Bulls’ intro song”

NYY likes this.
  5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

“Depends on how [uck fay]ing bad the headache is.” Awesome.

justingroves likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Reinsdorf and Krause make Tennessee's leadership seem somewhat functional

NYY likes this.
  7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

“That wasn’t Michael Jordan out there, that was God disguised as Michael Jordan.”

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The utter arrogance of Krause and company still astonishes more than 20 years later. I don't give a shit if the last season is 0-82, you let Michael Jordan ride until he doesn't win anymore titles.

"Hey, I built this team and can do it again.". No, you [uck fay]ing can't. You got one Michael Jordan in your career as a GM. Just be grateful for your immense luck and ride the wave.

Oh, and that intro music hit me hard, too. I was ready for gametime right then.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Some may know i go back to the 70s with the Sextons brothers, which allowed me the opportunity to play with Pippen and the Grant brothers back in memphis in the summer at MUS when Jimmy was their agent. They would visit and play at MUS just to run a little. I hadnt thought about those games in many years

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, and when they played "I'm Bad" by LL Cool J for the 63 he scored in the playoffs, I nearly lost it. [uck fay]ing fantastic.

justingroves likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You ever ask Sexton why in the hell he let Pippen sign that contract?

12. Ssmiff

That was so good

13. Ssmiff

what an odd deal. I kinda get Pippen though. From 5'10 equipment manager to tall and set for life a few years later. He wanted longterm to know he was set. Didnt come from much and wasnt greedy. In addition, Chicago refusing to renegotiate any contracts was old school.
    That type of contract probably changed the agent game quite a bit

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saw the first one, got the second one DVR'd

Amazes me still that Krause thought he could blow that up and start over.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It just goes to show you how ego can kill a business. You were gifted the best basketball player in the world. You drafted one of the top 15 basketball players at the time to go with him. You hired the perfect head coach to manage the team.

Sit back and cash checks.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And I'm all for the Belichick "trade'em one year too early rather than one year too late" model, but shit, ride your horses until they fall out.

17. CardinalVol

That's fine and dandy unless you are dealing with the greatest dynasty since the 1960s.

justingroves likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let's pay MJ, Scottie and Phil what they want. Let's keep Rodman around to do the dirty work. It's not hard but Krause didn't like getting picked on and Reinsdorf didn't seem to care either way

19. CardinalVol

I doubt they could have won 2000, but a strike shortened 99? Yeah, they'd stood a shot.

Would be interesting to see how early 2000s Lakers play out if Phil is still in Chicago until 2000.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn't watch, but various websites and notifications definitely weren't going to let me forget that it was on.