Bulls documentary

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Apr 19, 2020.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What makes for an incredible athlete in a hyper-competitive field probably makes for a shitty ass human being.

justingroves and InVolNerable like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His teammates, besides BJ Armstrong, all seemed to understand him.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm surprised he hasn't publicly challenged Gary Payton to a one on one game yet

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"He wasn't really a nice guy, he was a tyrant...well that's you because you've never won anything"

He doesn't breakdown talking about his dad getting murdered, but he does talking about winning.

NYY likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I loved this, too and I really liked The Glove

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I could watch a couple more hours of just Mike watching people try to shit talk him on a iPad.

justingroves likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm 4 behind. I've got them DVR'd. I've got to watch them this week.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Payton is more of a legend in his own mind, but that was, by far, the worst Jordan played in a Finals of all of them.

I'm very eager to hear about the Pacers series, which has always been lost among the stories of the era. No one gave them a tougher time than Indiana that year. The Pacers were an underrated great team stuck playing the Jordan Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers and then killed by the Malice at the Palace (I think they win that year otherwise).

justingroves likes this.
  10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The 98 Pacers probably make it to Finals that year if Jordan doesn’t take basically two years off.

Without his retirement, the Bulls probably win in 94 and 95, meaning that to win it all in 98, they’d have to 8-peat, which seems unlikely even for someone as super human as Jordan was, especially given that Krauss was looking to burn it down at the time as well.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Young me hated Reggie Miller because He talked all that shit and never won a damn thing.

Now, looking back, Miller really got screwed because, like you said, he had to go against MJ then Shaq and Kobe.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Without his first retirement, Jordan probably retires after 95 or 96 for good.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His facial expressions during Gary Payton's snippet were fantastic

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Some quote by a historian went something like "Great men are seldom good men."

justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That is an excellent mix

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Agreed.

He was gassed mentally and physically in 93'.
    Without the baseball hiatus, he doesn't play more than another year or 2.

Its still crazy he could take off essentially 2 years, come back and within a year be as good as anyone else playing for 3 more years.

justingroves likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

crazy to me he could play 36 holes, drink beer and smoke cigars then go score 40 against the best players in the world.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The most underrated part of his career is, without question, the Wizard portion. They were outright awful and he came in at 38 years old and had them in 6th in the East after being the 3rd worst in the NBA the prior season before he went out with a meniscus tear. The next season he turned 40 and still averaged 20 points a game, going over 40 points three times that season. At 40 years old.

justingroves likes this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He was riding Kwame's coattails, imo.