Butch and rings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 12, 2017.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This wasn't just some regular season game. This was the biggest regular season game in the history of football.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Football?

History of sporting events.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Any program that is as storied or as successful as UT SHOULD be, should ever attempt to do something so damn disgraceful. Lyle is clueless and this is just reason number 1,453,572,100 as to why he should be canned after his first day on the job.

You pull this shit at Cincinnati.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

#yawn

Not everything is worth getting pissed over. This is one of those times.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Another thing not worth getting pissed over is someone complaining about rings.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's sad that a university pays for rings for anything other than a conference or a national title.

I'm not saying it's Butch's fault, I'm saying it's stupid this is even a thing

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Exactly. And also, not pissed. Just further solidifies the truth that this clown sucks in every aspect of his job. And those above him match that level of suck.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'd point to exhibit A and B, South Carolina and Vanderbilt, as examples of his ineptitude. None of this rings shit matters.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I would agree. Who is pissed at that?

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It just reminds you of the ineptitude by what it was for.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean you posted about it. You are clearly irate. What other possible explanation is there?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure if we actually made separate SEC and NC championship rings for 1998.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We did. Had a buddy who was a kicker in HS, walked on for one year - 1998 - dressed for HC, and never rose above 4th on depth chart, IIRC. That was the only year he played, and got both rings. He's now a National Championship winning dentist.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If you get hit and you don't have any rings, you die. Smart considering our injury history.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Too bad they weren't able to complete the Orange and White Championship game this year.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He may have a stroke if he ever actually won something important

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I mean, the main issue with these things is we have athletic departments with 9 figure revenues not giving players 5% of that and those athletic departments trying to appear like they care about athletes.