Butch Blaming Players

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 1, 2015.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

4 million according to the contract posted here a few days ago. We can waive that if there's an AD out there more stupid than Dave Hart. Not holding my breath on that.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Can we actually change it so that WE pay a school $1 million for them to take him?

3. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

That is essentially what we will do when we fire him.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Would warrant a statue for Striker on campus and a ceremonial Boomer Sooner every pregame.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Best odds are a member of this site becoming an athletic director and being willing to sacrifice his own career.

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I could take care of business in about 2 days and the ride off into the sunset.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It isn't just who would want Butch, but who might BUTCH want? He cannot enjoy this heat he is getting. Smart fans make life difficult for a coach with a penchant for dumbass decisions. In all seriousness, it takes a toll on your family too. Butch is a world class salesman. If he could get 8 wins this year (and for all of his dumbassery, he certainly can), and knowing your fan base thinks you are not up for the job, why allow yourself the resume ding of getting fired at some point? He could pull a Cuonzo (sorry Droski) and take a job with lower expectations and be loved. He could lobby a number of schools and just say he wants to go home or did not feel he got credit for showing improvement every year.

And, if the sheer economics of the situation are more feasible, then maybe we could win a few more games AND getting rid of him.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Botch has shown plenty of stool already.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd pay the University a handsome sum to be made Chancellor for a day - hell, 6 hours - as long as I was afforded the full power of the position.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if UT were paying Bobby Bonilla not to play for the Mets.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Hearing that name, oosh, makes my stomach hurt.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Where, pray tell, do you see these other four wins (I'm assuming you are predicting a bowl win also...) coming from? N Texas and Vandy are as sure as it gets but the others I do not see Tennessee even being favored, much less winning. We are staring right down the barrel of history here. If The Butcher gets to even five wins I will be surprised.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

And your decisions were binding and irrevocable...