Butch Jones Monday Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 28, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

i'm just shocked that some of you think coaching had something to do with the outcome of this game. The coach clearly told us all it was something different. The players are too young, don't know how to win, didn't want it, the refs sucked, the weather was poor, etc. etc. etc.

Declining 3 penalties per game, running 214 3rd down QB draws, never throwing to WRs or in the middle of the field, telegraphing the direction of every run...none of that has anything to do with outcomes. Hell, adjustments are just fantasy. We're coaching fine. These kids in UT gear are killing us.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Finally...

The voice of reason

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The loss to Florida isn't the problem. The scrutiny, that's the problem.

Fan expectations are all ****ed up.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Everyone should just leave Butch ALONE!

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

preach.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

No. The time is now, why put off until tomorrow when it can be done today. We are seeing national pundits destroy the guy, local media has turned on him, look at the numbers from VN's poll, even those dolts want him gone and like it or not they represent the majority of the fan base.

I say start it up and share the **** out of it. Through texts, email, posting on free websites, facebook, instagram, word of mouth, advertising in newspapers, anything.

I pay Phillips Morris 5 dollars a day to kill me, I'd pay that daily to rid the cancer that is Butch Jones.

8. He is not taking the fault by saying "put it on my shoulders" already seen too many people on social media saying he is stepping up and taking the fault.

He said he thought that our staff as a whole coached well enough to win the football game!!

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's not exactly manning up to say put it on me, when everyone has been blaming you for the loss for 2 days, then turn around and try to "break it down" for everyone and tell them why its not your fault.

10. The fact that we ran 4 plays with 1:36 on the clock, not to mention burning TWO timeouts, and he thinks we managed the last drive well to get us into field goal range so we could try a 55-yard field goal is past asinine.

11. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

You're ignorant. You know good and well that running four plays in the final 86 seconds and burning both timeouts to avoid timed penalties was exactly what was needed to win that game. When they received the kickoff, my first thought was let's milk this and let our below average kicker have a shot at a 55 yarder. There's no way Tennessee's little guys had a chance to do anything else. It's a process and the fans need to show patience.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

We also had a great kick return.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

55 was the target, bro. Coach said Medley crushes 55ers in practice all the time. Gotta be true.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I will say this for Medley. He crushed it. That would have been long enough from 60 if he had just gotten it a couple of feet to the left.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah they probably had to throw that ball away upon retrieval

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Tim Priest screamed "GOOD!!"

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Four plays in 86 seconds from an "up tempo" team. That's nothing but pathetic coaching. My high school team ran almost the antithesis of an up tempo offense, and I guarantee we could have gotten off more plays with that much time left.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

****ing hell. Imagine the poor blind Vols fan sitting at home, for that split second, reaching for his walking stick so that he could run down the street naked in celebration. Cold.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

****ing hell. Imagine the poor blind Vols fan sitting at home, for that split second, reaching for his walking stick so that he could run down the street naked in celebration.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Lol. On the radio today Paul Kuharsky sad "Who's the UT color guy that said that ?" Withrow said "Tim Priest". Kuharsky said "Fire him. He's an idiot".