Butch Jones on Lane Kiffin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Apr 10, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Great choice.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3 wr, did I mistype?

3. JayVols

Don't know. I could have misread.

In that situation, you can robber on any single receiver side. You don't have the DBs to robber on a trips side. You can jam off the line, but you won't have help over the top unless you play a zone.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

yeah that's why i was thinking what i was thinking

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Bill Walsh nods approvingly.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

and the Tecmo Super Bowl Washington R******s

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Unfortunately the only adjustment required to shut them down is paying attention.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

ha. true. like, what, 3 of their plays were completely given away by the motions?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not so sure I buy that. You still said that the QB would be average, which means Nathan Peterman is totally irrelevant. As far as variance goes between an average OL and an average QB I don't think there is going to be a great deal of difference. Both can potentially excel or fail depending on what lines up in front of them.

10. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there are plenty of great qbs that didn't have annual pro bowlers ahead of them on the oline. hell currently it could be argued that rodgers and brady have bad olines. or at least mediocre at best. elway and marino and peyton back in the day didn't have great ones either.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Braddy has had a pretty solid OL his entire career. Manning's this past year was nothing special.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not many probowlers among them. manning had little to no pressure on him until the super bowl. for all the talk about montana's surrounding talent he didn't have much of an oline either and arguably had the worst RBs in super bowl history.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Clady and Vasquez are good OL, but Clady didn't play and the Broncos were on their 3rd string center.

Brady's OL has always been good but not great.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And his OL couldn't run block to save their lives, even with the defense fearing the pass. A decent number of injuries along the line, too.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would say he had several years of great pass protection. They weren't asked to run the ball much because the Pats always used more of a short passing game in lieu of that.

17. JayVols

500 series wing T.

That's soccer.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

great pass protection or he got rid of the ball quickly and smartly?

19. JayVols

How many Super Bowls has Rodgers & Brady won recently? How many did Marino win? Elway didn't win his 2 until he had protection. That Packers OL with Chad Clifton was nasty.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A little of both, but those OLs from the early to mid 2000s were really good.