Butch Jones on Lane Kiffin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Apr 10, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

rodgers wasn't that long ago and that oline was terrible. brady has gotten to a couple of super bowls of late.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And it took a hell of a lot of luck and some outstanding play from Rodgers to get there and he barely squeaked it out. The last three Super Bowls Manning and Brady have been to saw them get pushed around by more physical teams.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Lots of QBs have gotten to the Super Bowl. Ask Rodgers how he likes a non-nasty line after this last year.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

But Manning broke all those records.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the defense all of a sudden played well, but luck?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he'll do fine. and lacy is a future pro bowler. it's the defense that is the problem. he'll win another one next year if they can get that figured out (so unlikley obviously).

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would consider that luck. They haven't been that good since

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i suppose you are right.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Weren't they a wild card team and barely won the first playoff game? And the difference in the conference championship was a DL pick-6. Seems like there was a bunch of crazy stuff the first quarter of the Super Bowl that gave them an early advantage. They weren't exactly Auburn of 2013, but they had some good fortune.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

By variance I meant the discrepancy between a great OL v. average OL as compared to a great QB v. average QB. I can't quantify that the latter is greater than the former, but I can certainly intuit that that's the case.