Butch Jones Press Conference Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Dec 7, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Other that the good one-liner about being his wife's third choice and the comment about going after Tennessee recruits, I'd more more concerned if he didn't say those things.

He's going to have to earn anything from me. As of how he was the 4th guy of the search and got passed over by Kentucky and has not done anything as a head coach where Brian Kelley did not directly precede him. He's going to have to build a SEC program from the ground up and there is no indication he can at all.

Maybe I got burned by Dooley so bad that I'm not being fair right now, but that is where I am.

2. robvols

robvols Member

We were all burned by Dooley

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It's like I told my dad... there's literally nothing I can do about it. If Big Jim couldn't stop the process I don't stand a chance. And I'm not strong enough to quit this addiction. Spring Game just 18 weeks away. Calhoun's better be ready cause I'm throwing down.

4. ThunderGoodOil

ThunderGoodOil New Member

A lot of people are stuck on that second stage of grief.

5. ThunderGoodOil

ThunderGoodOil New Member

He knew that the question about not being Tennessee's first choice was coming and had his "i'm my wife's third choice" answer ready. He punked that media member.

6. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Placing all the emotional shit aside, I am close to where you are.

I wanted a players coach. But not a push over like Fulmer. He is no-nonsense and focused on what is important. He is going to work hard and has a plan to get there. So he blows Dools away on all those points. So I can check that one off as improved.

He says he will adapt the schemes to the players. They all say that. Will see.

He will hire the best staff in the country. Not with only $3 mil to work with. Will see if it improves or not.

He seems to trust Hart. Check that one off as a negative.

He knows recruiting is the lifeblood. But he will be recruiting against the best in the nation for the top players in the nation or else he will fail. Checked as negative until proven otherwise.

He says we are going to own the state in recruiting and develop relationships within. Nah. Too much pressure to win now.

If he had been the one announced 3 years ago with his current level of experience I would have been OK with it. Not thrilled, but OK. He probably could have pulled out a 9-3 or 8-4 this past season.

I will leave Hart out of it for now, other than to say I cannot stand the guy. He makes me physically sick. I truly am afraid of what I will say to him if I see him anytime soon. Which is possible in the spring.

7. Doctor Who

Doctor Who New Member

Why hurt Carson Newman?

It's nice enough.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I'm sure I will see you there.

There are a few on the board that know me well enough. I wish I could just put it down, but my fat ass probably only has about 25 or 30 seasons left in my lifetime. That is way too short for me to find another love.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'll see you guys at Calhoun's. I'll not be seeing you in Neyland Stadium.

10. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Didn't watch it. Ain't gonna watch it. Hart can kiss my ass. Strike that--don't want him anywhere near me right now.

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Fair enough.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I will say he is an upgrade from Dooley, while not by much he is. He seems like he really wants to win bad and if he does not it will be his fault. The whole time Dooley was here it was never his fault in his eyes.

13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

3 years later and it's still hard for me to regard Dooley as an actual football coach in the UT record books.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Tennessee isn't his dream job. Any job that pays him 3 million a year is his dream job.

The stuff about recruiting Tennessee was more Dooley-like garbage to appease the fanbase. He better recruit more than one state or we'll permanently become Vandy Junior.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't hate Jones but I can't help but feel numb over how this has played out.

We have 7 season tickets and I don't even care if I go to a game next year.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Asiantii Woulward will be a Vol.

17. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

The difference between Jones and Dooley is like the difference between a shit sandwhich WITH bread and WITHOUT!

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

In equally important news, my stones itch.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sweet. Take that no teams that are any damn good.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I hate this hire but Woulward is a good get.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012