Can Josh Dobbs Stay Healthy?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jun 16, 2015.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Racist.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's a concern to me, as well. I do believe that Dormady is much more athletic than I first thought, but at the same time, I've not seen anything to make me think that defenses will worry about his ability to make a play with his legs, as they do with Dobbs.

This offense may not "require" a QB who can run, but it clearly needs one. And not just one who can buy some time, or take advantage of a slack defense to pick up 5-6 easy yards a few times a game, which is about all I see Dormady ever being able to provide (admittedly, however ignorant I may be, and how little time that Dormady's been on campus). Conversely, Dobbs can do legit damage to a defense in breaking a long one, flipping the field, etc.

I'm not dogging Dormady at all, but just saying that I don't imagine that his being in open space will put nearly the fear into defenses, as Dobbs.

3. Tenacious D

I think the drop from Dobbs to Dormady would be precipitous, at very best.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Him being able to sling it alleviates that in other ways, IMO

I feel better about the qb position than I have in years, though most of them haven't taken a snap. Of course that speaks as much of how bad it's been the past few years

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm joking about Dormady folks. Guy has a fantastic arm and great mobility.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm kind of playing off of a pretty typical "judge a book by it's cover" that permeates how people instantly judge an athlete.

Most people are shocked when they learn that Luck was a mere .08 slower in the 40' and .12 faster in the 3-cone than Cam Newton.

7. Tenacious D

Is his arm strength and accuracy better than Dobbs'? How do they each rate and compare?

8. Tenacious D

Why would that shock anyone?

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My rough and slighly tarnished memory of him says he had a quicker release and seemed to be a bit more accurate. Threw a pretty ball on the move too.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Those numbers don't exactly paint an accurate picture of how much more athletic Cam is though.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Luck is all saltiney and what not.

12. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Not to mention being a level-60 neckbeard.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not many guys are more athletic than cam, but luck is a freak athlete for a qb. tebow is too. . .

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I just meant in an open field running, ability to evade and shake off defenders kind of way. While certainly no Cam Newton, Dobbs has shown that kind of ability that can't be measured in drills.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When was the last game we had a good senior QB? Ainge?

I am tired of trotting some freshman out there. So I need and desire for Dobbs to stay healthy all year.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I scratch looking at him.

17. Tenacious D

Phantom limb, from when you had a scrotum.

18. Tenacious D

Oh, aren't Luck and Newton the same race?

Sorry, I've never noticed.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

luck had a higher vertical leap than newton btw.

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't think there is much of an injury factor other than knee injuries that are outside of anyone's control.