Car Crash Yesterday

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Feb 29, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did the one-armed wife make it?

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have seen some gruesome shiz when I was a firefighter. I walked away after working a multiple fatality wreck caused by a drunk driver. A great grandmother, grandmother, grandfather, and their 6 month old grandson were killed. Naturally, the drunk survived with relatively minor injuries. I had nightmares about extracating the deceased. The 6 month old was alive for a while, but died in the helicopter on the way to the hospital. These niggtmares haunted me for months. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw the wreck scene and all the death and destruction. That was nowhere close to my first fatality that I worked, but it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I could take no more and had to walk away.

I have never driven drunk, and honsetly I despise those that do. It's ignorance personified. It's the epitome of selfishness. It's a radical view, but I feel that a case could be made for a 1st degree murder charge for drunk drivers that kill. I admit that I'm out there on my views, but after all the carnage and destruction I've seen inflicted by drunk drivers, I have been jaded.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The last I heard she was still alive. They were flown to Birmingham.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand why all drunk drivers are lumped in one category. Getting pulled over and having had too many beers is really bad and irresponsible. Being unable to walk or speak coherently and then getting behind the wheel is pretty much suicide and intent to kill.

5. JayVols

I will respectfully disagree. Impaired driving is impaired driving. The family of those killed by drunk drivers are not comforted because the driver's BAC is. 09 compared to .18. Their loved ones are still dead because someone was an idiot.

6. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

The kid apparently has a torn aorta. I imagine he'll be lucky to live.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That is wild. Did the baby make it?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Frequent bathroom breaks make drinking an driving impractical.

9. Oldvol75

She wash"t pregnant! He thought she was having a heart attack, she is 30.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My bad. I guess my brain unintentionally made some leaps.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Certainly agree that that's horrible. I don't think that it should be First Degree Murder.

12. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Yeah. I like telling people I practically live next to a stadium about 60% larger than Neyland, capacity wise. I do remember it. Sad, sad event.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I did not realize that is where you lived.

14. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Yeah, amigo. Know anyone down here?

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Spent a ton of time up there playing ball.

16. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Sox?

17. JayVols

I understand. I admit that I have a very radical view on that.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how many fatalities come from guys with a .09 though? I bet not many.

19. Oldvol75

I think 1 would be too many! Would it make a difference if the guy had a .09 if it was your loved one?

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i would wonder why he was so drunk at .09 to kill my loved one. i'm not the fan of the, if one idiot kills someone while barely drunk the other 99.99999% of us have to have our life ruined by getting a dui when we aren't too drunk to drive, argument. in california they recently banned footballs at certain beaches. booze has been banned for years. another example of one or two idiots ruining it for a couple of million people.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012