Carolina Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 9, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. First half was as much fun as I've had in Neyland in over a decade.

2. First half was also the best football we've played in 20 years.

3. Seeing this offense in person takes it to an even new level of awe.

4. Can't decide if I'm semi-concerned about the second half or not. On one hand, we won by 25. On the other, SC made adjustments at the half and we never countered. If it were not for the 2nd half in Gainesville I'd not think twice about it. But..............

5. All things considered, we're getting everything we can hope for out of this defense.

6. Hooker has exceeded anything I could have hoped for with him. He's clicking with this O.

7. The only thing worse than stupid fans at games are stupid fans that have been drinking.

8. Over/under next week is gonna be 80.

9. First time in ages I've been at a game where the overall atmosphere before the game was we're going to crush them.

10. The boy asked me if we could come to more games. Told me that was the most fun he'd had a UT game today. Big sigh of relief from this dad.

VolDad, TDVol1989, Volsdude and 6 others like this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In the moment, the third quarter irked me. But now I think it was mostly don't get hurt and get the duck out of here.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ole Miss feels like a pick em game now and it would have been hard to fathom that a few weeks ago.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We've scored somewhere around 50 more points thru 6 games than all of last year, and new starters all over the place

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I know some people don’t like the piped in music but you can play the intro to sabotage all day and I’m not complaining

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It has its place, I just hated it every third down and seemingly replacing the band save on scores.

But I am an old fart.

7. CardinalVol

Oh yeah,

11. The Al Wilson highlight montage with Sympathy for the Devil gave me goosebumps.

justingroves likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I could watch that 1000 times a day

The chest bump that sent Donovan McNabb rolling for 4 yards is just perfection

CardinalVol likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Neyland is fun again

Al Wilson taking a bow at the 50 was awesome

Hearing my 7 year old tell a South Carolina fan they're good kicking but suck at running it brought a tear to my eye

If this team were 100% healthy the 2nd half would worry me. This team is nowhere near that and just bled clock to get it finished

Memtownvol, Volokie and lylsmorr like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Banks can make a few stupid decisions but by God he's violent and never gives up on a play

Byron Young gets lost at times but he's a hell of an athlete. He gets it figured he'll be a player

Beasley and Page are playing really good football

Turnage was 3rd string and played a hell of a game

Tennessee won an SEC game by 25 and really didn't try in the 2nd half

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Don't be concerned. Its inevitable that with this offense that you'll blow a team out of the water and be cold after the half. I'm glad it happened today against a limited team with a joke of a HC. The team will adjust to that situation.

12. Ssmiff

14 tackles for Turnage.
    We obviously let up mentally and physically but it happens every week at all levels after kicking somebody's ass for 2 hours.
    We could've score 14-21 more with pace but JH did the math and changed the plan.
    Line was 10.5 btw

Memtownvol, PilotFlyingJ and A-Smith like this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

These guys are a prime example of what a good staff can do. They have the defense playing with the look of eagles.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Looks like we finally lucked into a decent coach.

15. Ssmiff

We hit coming downhill for sure. Much less reaching and grabbing.
    Still get a weird feeling something else is up with #10 mlb

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

#10 isn't as good as the others

17. CardinalVol

The young people who complain about the stupid hits Banks makes wouldn't have been able to handle Raynock's game.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or Westmoreland or Wilson

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

Raynock was good for a 15 yarder every game. Every single game. Some of them were the stupidest late hits possible. That was just how he played.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

The game has changed. When a key 3rd down stop becomes a first down it will be an issue.