Chaney "bothered" by post-Hunter injury offense

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Feb 8, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is the best explanation for the running game I have read, roadtrip. Thanks.

Lane will look a lot different when he actually is able to get to the line of scrimmage before meeting defenders.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pittman's UNC O-lines weren't very good at run blocking

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I still think we have some elite talent to work with.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

They weren't 116th in the nation either.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Chaney is the offensive coordinator, and it was his call to run the sprint draw. Don't act like the problem is solved just because we switched offensive line coaches, and with one that has a record of being average at best, that we're going to reach the magical 160+ rushing yards a game.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not expecting magic. I am expecting them not to be so numb as to keep trying to do something that didn't work.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

So was I Jim.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Didn't Kiffin use the zone block / RB single cut and go?

Clawson used the triple-shit-hell, I'm sure.

Barring Lane's ability to turn into Mark Ingram, I just don't think that we're going to be very good at running the ball - and what success we have will be due to a fear of getting it thrown over your head, and not a scheme.

And here's why: this line is soft.

They can have all of the size / speed / footwork / technique in the world, but at several points in a game, you just have to move the asses in front of you - and I doubt their toughness, both mentally and physically - to do so.

And if thats the case (I could easily be wrong, and hope that I am), Ken Whisenhut couldn't fix the problem - even if Lombardi was also coaching tackles.

Its got to come from behind your jock and beneath your breastplate more than anything else, IMO, JMHO.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Always thinking behind the jock.