Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by awebb7, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

5 years is a good age to start.

My Dad took me to my 1st game when I was 5. So I started taking my grandkids to Neyland when they turn 5. Take them to one game a year. 1 weekend for boys and 1 for girls.

justingroves likes this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That's ok, when they hit the teenage years, they won't want to take you many places.

As you muddle through the challenges of parenthood, just remember ...

"Grandkids are God's gift to you for not killing your kids."

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Will we? I’m not sure. I think Pruitt generally sees things that way. But does Helton? We’ll see.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

USC was a physical run team.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That offense seemed squirrelly to me. They would line it up and they would also do incredibly dumb things. I only watched a few games but was generally terrified of Tee. If Helton was actually the guy - I’m equally troubled.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I never really liked that USC qb. He made some great throws but made some throws and decisions that were awful.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, when you have 3 guys with a hand in the play calling, that happens

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Tennessee has playmakers at WR and an elite running back talent that’s a treat to bust one on every play.

Offensive line play will be much improved unless injuries take over.

We’re going to shock the hell out of some people if we get have way decent QB play.

If this team can get it rolling early, it’s going to steamroll. We’ve had talented players underachieving.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

An elite running back talent? That seems like a reach.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chandler is electric with the ball in his hands.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He was the best player on the field against Kentucky for us while not really having a QB to keep the defense honest.

I thought in his limited carries he showed great vision while being a tough runner that wasn’t afraid of contact.

He’s also a good receiving threat out of the backfield.

12. RockyHill

I’m probably picking at the wording too much. A lot of potential for sure. I think he/the supporting cast and the coaching are good enough to light up some lesser opponents. It’s gonna take some damn fine coaching to do it against the big boys.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I did a double take at elite too, but 53’s judgement is usually spot on, so I’ll buy it.

Memtownvol and RockyHill like this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Well, it was Kentucky.

I understand what you are saying. I think the upside for Chandler is very promising. I believe this coaching staff will develop these guys to their full potential. If the players buy in it could be the beginning of some good times.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Chandler is a baller with speed, one cut ability, smoothe finding holes and cutback lanes. Been watching him since he was 12.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

And we were a butch coached Tennessee team.

We hadn’t scored a touchdown in weeks and couldn’t do anything offensively.

He gave us a spark and almost singlehanded won the game for us despite our horrible defense.

Memtownvol, justingroves and Poppa T like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Only a fool would take what they have seen from these players under Butch and think that has much weight in what their abilities are. The butch effect is underestimated

Memtownvol, kmf600 and Poppa T like this.
  18. RockyHill

This cannot be overstated. Given the depth there will be challenges but I have no doubt this team is going to surprise people and have one or two “wow” games. Whether that’s beating Georgia in a close one or drubbing USCe 45-3 I don’t know, but I do believe it. They’ll most likely drop a stinker too, but that’s ok in year one.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Raping and pillaging Jordan-Hare would be okay with me

I do think Pruitt looks at the UGA game as the most important game on the schedule. He's recruiting the shit out of the state of Georgia

Memtownvol, warhammer and VolDad like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Georgia.

hohenfelsvol, AbeFroman and kmf600 like this.