Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by awebb7, Jul 27, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well shit, you must have to dig a lot of graves

2. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Shouldn't you be in school?

IP likes this.
  3. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I'm studying herpetic neuralgia. Still need that cream?

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'll take some. NYY may have given me more than $4 was supposed to buy me.

knoxvol likes this.
  5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I hate these neutral site games for the most part, and Spencer Hall nails it for me on this one:

1. We mean come on, Virginia Tech and Tennessee just got done playing a game in the middle of one of NASCAR’s most iconic tracks, if there is going to be a neutral-site game between West Virginia and Tennessee it should happen in as good or better a place like Gatlinburg, the deck of an aircraft carrier somewhere, or in the parking lot of a Dollar General somewhere in the Appalachians in college football’s first game played on asphalt. Something, anything besides “Show up to where Cam Newton get concussed twice weekly in front of a five thousand angry finance admins” because no site is more blandly neutral than Charlotte, especially when compared with the howling redneck riot ranches both teams claim as home fields. It’s objectively bad but it makes for something both teams and conferences might actually listen to when we say: it makes bad television. Stop it, if only because it hurts your bottom line (i.e. making TV sports shows for huge networks.)

6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Really? I've traveled all over and generally felt safe trusting my instincts - is this area that bad?

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think he just means it's annoying and crowded. Which it will be. But still a good place to see and meet people. They've had UTK alumni events there in the past.

8. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Ahh, gotcha. Misunderstood the warning.
    As I will only be there a few hours before and after, I imagine that is the most convenient place for a person without a car who wants food and beer. Thanks,

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Not dangerous at all, I just meant the kind of folks that hang out there. I should amend to say that it will probably be pretty fun with tons of fans displacing the usual crowd.