Citrus Bowl Expectations

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 1, 2024.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Little handy dandy reminder of how to handle watching and digesting results from today, regardless of what happens.

1 The result of this game does not matter. I repeat the result of this game does not matter.***

2 We have no clue which team, if either, has any motivation to play in this game.

3 Iowa has a decent defense and Nico is making his first start. If it’s ugly that doesn’t mean he’s awful.

4 The biggest takeaway from today is what do the young guys look like even if there are some screw ups, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

5 We have transfers coming in and will probably take more. So don’t freak out if someone that has no business being on the field has a bad game. All is not lost.

6 Sit back, enjoy the good, cringe at the bad, but don’t give it a second thought tomorrow.

***-Unless Iowa scores 30+, at which point demanding Banks head immediately is a completely and totally justifiable position.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Speed of the game is usually the biggest adjustment for young QBs so I like that Nico is seeing a decent defense in his first start.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I expect Nico to look like a combination of Peyton/Dobbs/Hooker/Milton. If he's not, I'll be concerned.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to need him to be able to trigger spontaneous aneurysms in approaching blitzers or i don't think he is the guy.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Nico doesn't convert the entire states of Iowa and Tennessee to Mormonism by the third quarter... I just don't know y'all.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Get the feeling they are going to misdirection to TEs about 30 times and we won’t see it coming.
    What I want to see..
    -db awareness with young guys
    -see what Seldon has
    -check out Nico

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Oof Lampley at RG and Davis at RT. Roll Nico left every play.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

9. CardinalVol

Strike all that. After seeing Iowa holding hands and prancing on the field we better win by 50.

Was too gay for gbc.

SetVol13, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Too...cheezy?

11. CardinalVol

Gay.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nico for Heisman

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Heisman for Nico.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

So, so very gay.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And retarded. Gay retarded.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I went to the bowl game last time we played them, stood right over the tunnel they ran out of, and all I could think was “damn, that’s a lot of white dudes”

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I joke they have white outs for games and it has nothing to do with shirt color

19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Good chunk of roster couldn’t hang on the intramural fields at SEC schools. And to be clear that’s not a race comment, I’m including white guys on SEC intramural fields in that.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed.