Citrus Bowl Expectations

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It’s partially because of scheduling and partially because the third tier SEC teams apart from us and LSU were all bad this year. Missouri and Ole Miss (this year’s second tier) weren’t so good that they couldn’t have been had by Florida, Kentucky, or Texas A&M. Shoot, Alabama could’ve been had. But none of those teams really stepped up and gave us a quality opponent.

But yes, that’s exactly how it was that Iowa was ranked ahead of nine SEC teams going into the bowl. I don’t think they’ll be ranked in eight days.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

When I was in school there was some sort of philanthropy 3 on 3 tournament I played in with two buddies. We were reasonably good so we could theoretically hang with just about anyone unless they were like 6’8 or taller, but we foolishly went out night before and were brutally hungover. First round we draw a freak of nature who must have had his scholarship offers pulled or something, I played against future SEC guys in high school who couldn’t touch him. We prevented him from throwing down any windmills like he did warning up but that’s all we did.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He was a high jumper and wore black Reebok Pumps. Remember him

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yes he did. Not much of a player but he’d take one dribble after midcourt if going full speed and you kinda just got out of the way to watch it happen. From cancer to SEC champ. Nobody wanted to take a shin in the face and undercut him.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

was more of weird oddity than a knock.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Watching him play tight end in high school was comical

TDVol1989 likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

Wtf? Some 5'7 130.lb safety must have shit his britches.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It was like Chief from One Flew Over Cookoos Nest. Big John would just go into the endzone, turn around and qb would just loft it up. Often Big John would just reach and grab it without jumping and hold it up above the heads of jumping 5’9 dbs.

10. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I passed a girl on the way into the stadium today dressed in Iowa garb who said Tn has the cheesiest colors in all of college football. I did not say a thing to her but said to my wife " she will be the one going home today wishing she was wearing a different color"

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I mean black and yellow is completely unique to about 47 teams in D1

12. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Maybe she was making a Cheezits joke

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

From Bozo’s to that, I feel like we ought to know each other. Maybe you lived in Grieve Hall. But who cares…you ate at Sophie’s I bet. Good enough for me.

14. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

No, she was very snarky.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Meh, her Hockeyes suck, so...

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Iowa goose eggs

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Their band was the gayest thing id ever seen until their team ran on the field.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not in a fashionable or high EQ gay way, I am guessing. Like a leather daddy getting 3 scoops of ice cream in July gay?

20. NorrisAlan

Love the "Most Punting Yards in a Season" record they are celebrating, too.

It doesn't really mean what you think it means, Iowa. It doesn't.

TDVol1989 and IP like this.