Citrus Bowl Expectations

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 1, 2024.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I played a little intramurals at UT and was basically a tree stump. Got smoked in every sport I played. I played intramural soccer at DU and was just slightly below average.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We always made the playoffs in football and got smoked in the first round by the first semi serious team we played
    we lost every basketball game except for 1 when Jon Higgins played with us

justingroves likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jemere Hendrix and Elliot Devoe played football and softball with us, it was fun

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

At Auburn there was always a team comprised of track guys, former scholarship football players that had to medically retire and former football PWOs who quit. They won the regular league every year and then played the champ from the fraternity side for the whole thing. I think it was about 50/50 on them beating the fraternity any given year.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We played The Lakers 2 years in a row for the championship. They were all UT athletes. Alvin Harper and Pickens played on their basketball team. Craig Faulkner was nasty on the flag field. Def stood out as the guy who played D1. Can’t even remember our team name but we had a few guys who went to small college to play then said [uck fay]it and just transferred to UT

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I have very little athletic talent, but used to have good speed and could catch. I could pretend a bit at receiver.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I was a top notch Dungeon Master for our D&D group in college.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was a decent inside DB/receiver

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Finally, I expect to NOT see a photo of Heupel hugging the [uck fay]ing trophy all the way back to Knoxville.

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't expect to see that.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Might see him killing a box of Cheez Its on the plane, though.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

box?

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He'll not give that trophy another thought after he walked off the stage.

justingroves likes this.
  14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Harper and Pickens were fun to watch in the HPER building playing basketball. Faulkner was a nice guy. Played pickup ball at the courts with him. Von Reeves wasn’t so friendly. He threw me 6 ft airborne into the fence when I thought setting a pick on him was a good idea. I prefer to remember his pass to Pickens v the Gators.

Came within 1 game of playing Darryl Dickey’s Flag Football team full of walk ons. They were the Wild Turkeys and would have destroyed us.

The next year we did get a bunch of people to vote us #1 in the Daily Beacon.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

ha. Yeah I was I Hper whenever I could be. Some good games on that court on most north side. There was a track guy from back then, long jump or decathlete, mullet, who could dunk from behind the ft line.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

This was the Vols' only top 25 win this year.

17. Ssmiff

…Randy Jenkins. Guy had some ears and people joked that they helped him fly. Just googled and he won ncaa high jump after having cancer

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You guys haven’t seen anything until you’ve seen John Henderson play low post in an intramural basketball league.

SetVol13, justingroves and TDVol1989 like this.
  19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

When the final polls come out, I bet we’ll have played three top eight teams and nobody between 9 and 25. Makes it hard to deliver a signature win.

IP likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

But this only happens because of scheduling. Nobody was between 9 and 25 because they had to play those top eight teams too, so they are automatically eating losses that a team like Iowa doesn't have to deal with.

Memtownvol likes this.