CNN election map

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jun 5, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Unless the map includes a PFM* button, Romney is put to bed faster than NYYVol in a handicap stall of a truck stop restroom.

*PFM = Pure [uck fay]ing Magic

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's all about the hand rails.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So basically, Romney needs Ohio, Virginia, Florida, and one of the four of Iowa, No Hampsters, Colorado, and Nevada.

The amount that I've been following this election is roughly zero, so I have no idea how much PFM is involved, but the scenarios seem pretty straightforward.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure what you mean, TD. Ohio and Florida are the king makers. Romney HAS to win Florida, and then pick up Ohio or a bunch of other swing states.

That is the main advantage Obama has. He ONLY needs Florida.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Obama doesn't really need Florida. He'll likely get Colorado and Nevada, leaving him only really needing to maintain Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Once he does that, all he needs is one of Ohio, Florida, Virginia or North Carolina. Hell, he could even lose all those and win by picking up Iowa and New Hampshire.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can't see obama pulling florida again.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sure. But if he thinks he can get Florida, that is ALL he needs to win (if he can hold his leans, obviously).

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Considering they're knocking hispanics and blacks off of the voting registry left and right until the "prove their citizenship," you are probably right.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

somehow i don't think that's going to be deciding factor. and btw not sure what you mean by hispanics, but plenty of cubans vote republican.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And mysteriously, it isn't Cuban districts being hit. Huh.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not sure Dems want to open the bag of worms that is voter validity.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Why not? Voter fraud always turns into a dead end for the Republicans, while voter purging has proven to be a real problem in the past.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

They didn't. Tossing out the registered voters there if they don't pass an undefined, unspecified, and unconstitutional smell test is what has opened that bag of worms.