Coaches that if hired end VOL fandom for you until next HC

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good idea. Hmm...

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agreed. It'd be pretty hard to run me off. Potential coaching hires that could (just could, mind you, not would) run me off:

[ddiapos]
    Sal Sunseri
    Gene Chizik
    Ron Prince
    Stan Parrish
    Charlie Weis
    Phil Fulmer (not that he fits with these others, but I oppose retreads on principle)

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'd just be sure to buy more UT gear with the word basketball included on the front.

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I don't know how it gets worse than what we've been watching for the past 3 years. I mean, honestly, are seriously saying you won't be watching every saturday? It will be too much for you to stand ... especially if not watching football means shopping? I almost swallowed my tongue ...

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I went all out... Hope one comes true and not the other.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Hire Golden and or Fisher and the word irrelevant will be capitalized.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Is the knock on Golden going beyond the potential NCAA issues? Temple turnaround no that impressive? Just not a good coach? What?

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Awesome ... I laughed

But not at your potential untimely demise

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

For me personally it's Gruden or bust. Anybody but Gruden proves to me that UT is not serious about winning championships. I'll watch, but from home. Whoever the coach is will have to prove they can win big time for me to get back to season tickets. I'm talking 10-11 win reg seasons. Anything under 10 win reg season is mediocre.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

With next year's schedule, if they win nine, that might be evidence that we're going to be in the national title picture pretty soon.

11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'd like to know as well. I'm pretty ignorant on Golden and haven't really followed his career. All I know about him is his Temple tenure. I see everyone on here bashing him but not real sure, besides speculation, that he will suck balls at UT.

12. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

I agree with you on that. However it's going to take a few years of success for me to get on board.

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm still trying to form my opinion but I'm not sure how Fisher takes us down the toilet worse than we are now. I can't look past the fact that there is NO way that we get worse with Fisher or Golden or Strong or any of the other ones mentioned. If you're telling me that we are going to get worse with those guys that we are right now, I'm throwing the bullshit flag. Compared to Gruden maybe but not compared to where we are right now.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Why does it have to be or?

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The problem is locking yourself into an Outback Bowl type ceiling. Other than Gruden or Stoops, that will be a possibility

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't really take this question seriously. I might not want who they hire, but I'm not ending my fandom. Just now how it should work IMO.

For the record, that doesn't mean I break the bank buying tickets to games or do something like fly to Oregon.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I figure either way, Bearcat will be happy with the outcome.

18. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Fulmer 2.0. Again new motto "UT where mediocrity or worse is expected" Starting with Fulmer's 2001 epic fail - present

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

If it's not gruden.... Roll Tide. Seeing as how bad we managed to **** this up. With the current administration in, I have absolutely no faith unless they mend this. Jmo

20. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Strong is not as far below a Gruden hire as some think. For sure a level down but with a solid OC hire he is very very good. My fear is we keep Chaney with no one else to call plays. We need a play caller not named Chaney.