Coaches that if hired end VOL fandom for you until next HC

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 1, 2012.

1. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

If I could make it through Dooley.... I can make it through anything.

It'll just be one less thing to spend money until he proves to be competent.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'll watch and support them, regardless, but unless it's Gruden or Stoops, it'll be a side attraction to my weekend, falling somewhere between mowing lawn and a nap.

When we lost to Bama in Kiffin's first season, my remote spontaneously exploded, and I was physically ill for the rest of that day and the next.

After Dooley's 4th down fake punt failure in the Vandy game, I threw the remote down on the couch, cursed under my breath and got up to walk outside. On my way out, my wife says, "That's the most emotion I've seen you show over any game since Florida."

I don't suspect that any of these lesser coaches will do anything to curb my emotional detachment and growing sense of apathy.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Every year after we lose to Florida, I tell myself not to get so worked up about Tennessee football. I watch Vols bball and don't get so crazy about it. Maybe it's because we just need to make the tourney and we have a shot. College football is going to be the reason for my first heart attack.

4. Flashman

Flashman New Member

Double posted sorry

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  5. Flashman

Flashman New Member

Even if one of these shitty face value hires comes to be, I will approach next season pretty much like this one. Once the wheels come off, I will tune out. I will be saying my prayers like a good boy that said bad hire proves me wrong until it is obvious that it is indeed a bad hire. This is pretty much the approach that I took with Cuonzo Martin. Sometimes I see hope and then I see games like the OSU and Georgetown and go, "oh my!"

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Charlie Strong can make it happen trust baccah.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I just hope Hart believes you. This prior relationship nonsense with Fisher scares the shit out of me.