Coke and Pepsi Cause Cancer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Mar 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not a fan of Dr. Enuf. Tastes like medicine to me. As to Mt. Dew, I remember it before Pepsi got the distribution rights. It had a hillbilly on the bottle and said 'Yahoo, Mt. Dew!' I do prefer Dew over Mellow Yellow.

Mt. Dew reminds me of my paternal grandfather. Of course he called soft drinks "dopes". We used to hang out at a local store (Gray Brothers Grocery). It was the local gossip den/escape from the nagging wife for all the old codgers in my town. Pa would always buy me a Dew, some 2ยข bubble gum, and a pack or two of baseball cards each visit. We would sit on old wooden soda crates telling lies and spreading rumors. It was awesome. Simpler time...

Another drink that I love as much as Coke is Cheerwine. I would get those as well at that store. Cheerwine is gooooooood shit! I also love me some SunDrop.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Seeing as though Dr. Enuf was believed to have medicinal properties that makes sense. I remember at the Appalachian Fair they used to give away Dr. Enuf, as much as you wanted. The plan was to see who could drink the most and not throw up while riding the pirate ship. Fun times, and I believe volfanbill was a part of the nonsense.

Cheerwine and Sun Drop I believe are made in Gastonia, NC. Good stuff indeed, and they are starting to aggressively market their product outside the South.

Mt. Dew has nostalgic qualities for me too, btw.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I love Dr. Enuf.