College Basketball 2017-18

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

My favorite theory floating around the Kentucky boards is that the refs screwed them last night by calling a bunch of fouls on K State to put Washington on the line because they knew he was missing a lot of them. Their stupidity and complete lack of self awareness is delicious today.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Refs were being super sneaky!

4. Unimane

It's like they don't realize K State players can actually foul out as the refs are implementing this super creative tactic. You know, like the leading scorer of K State, who fouled out with a minute and a half left in a one point game.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

My coworkers are in a deep state of depression. I’ve also been checking in on Rupp Rafters throughout the day. I’m usually not a big fan of schadenfreude, but I absolutely love that some of them are this miserable....

“When was the last time a UK player shot TWENTY free throws in one game ? PJ Washington got the Yante Maten treatment tonight..but only after it was apparent that he was a mess at the free throw line. Everybody in the building knew he was going to keep missing free throws. It was written all over him. And the refs knew it. PJ has been getting beat up and put to the ground and such all season..he never came close to shooting 20..TWENTY free throws in a single game. I said in a thread earlier tonight that there was a play that I could have swore that SGA drew the foul on and should have been shooting free throws..it comes back from commercial/the TV timeout and PJ is back on the line shooting for that foul. When he was like 4/10 is when it started. He turned a couple of them into and 1s..I don't think the refs anticipated for those to happen. He also was the one shooting on the majority of our 1 and 1s. Very odd and strange and fishy that one guy shot over half of UK's free throws..oh and he just so happened to be struggling badly from the line that same night. Hmmm..very odd indeed. Say what you want, but it was fishy as all hell.”

“Same thing I thought OP. I'd like to see the FBI do a probe into college officiating. I remember the same play you mentioned where SGA got fouled, but they sent Washington to the line instead. I believe a lot of refs have agendas, certain schools they give the benefit of the whistle, certain schools that they shaft, and they intentionally try to keep games close to the spread.”

NashVol11 and Unimane like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

An honest investigation would not go the way they think

NashVol11 likes this.
  7. Unimane

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. You have to make the Kool Aid and not just drink it on that kind of theory.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They could've run the same plays they ran for Washington with Knox and he would've most likely made the free throws (think he was just under 80% on the season). They should be blaming their coach for that, not the refs.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Homeland terrorists

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Villanova found another gear.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Refs patched the flat.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Ridiculous double tech.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Duke v KU should be fun.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Kentucky last night. Purdue tonight.

Both can eat shit.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

My south region looks like the Red Wedding from GoT. Somehow still have 5/8 Elite 8. 5/6 outside of the South.

What a year.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

all time Coach K is 12-2 in regional finals, and Bill Self is 2-7. Even worse for Self is that 6 of his 7 losses have been as the higher seed.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly. Cal got out coached as usual.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Kansas has won their conference like 15 straight years. Their circumstances aren't materially different from Kentucky, IMO.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

ky had a timeout, I believe. #22 should never pull up from 3. That's the espn or Steph factor. I want to be the hero, and take a terrible shot, instead of getting to the rim like I can almost every time I try. That's why you call a TO. If in and out or penetrate and dish gets a good look at 3, its an easier shot than a contested 2, but pullup contested 3 is bad basketball, and prevalent.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

It amazes me that Self gets the pass that he does. Two final fours in fourteen years with all the talent he has is a major, major underachievement. And to be honest, if Kendall Marshall doesn’t break his wrist against Creighton in the second round in ‘11, Self would only have one final four on his CV.