College Basketball 2017-18

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2017.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He didn’t and he had the best player by miles.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is he a great x and o coach?

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Look at he and Randolph for nba outcomes. Neither was a dominant player with the short 3 in play. Bagley is.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Yes. Not one of the top handful, but I’d say he is great. 4 Final Fours in 5 years, with freshmen, isn’t just talent. He’s usually gotten them to defend, which K has struggled with.

5. NashVol11

Lots of best players lose early in the tournament, pretty much every year.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Who are the top handful that are better?

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not in that field and the best being a post player. That Umass team was more than camby. Unfortunately, they didn’t go to the ff and honest John simply didn’t know.

Larranaga got there with nothing. So?

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I would have loved to play for Miami's coach.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

At just coaching? Many. His offensive coaching is pathetic. He either inherits the best with recruiting or he loses games his talent shouldn’t lose.

10. NashVol11

Pitino was near the top of the list for me when he had a job. K, Izzo, Self, Tony Bennett. X's and O's also isn't all of coaching; there's ability to motivate your team and player development. For strictly X's and O's, Beilein is really good, and K probably isn't #1 overall.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Hard to complain about being 18-1. Defense is nasty as always. Offense still leaves a lot to be desired.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Offense is just awful, but Bennett is the best d coach there is.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bennett learned from his dad. [penis] Bennnett actually personally taught it to my high school coach when [penis] was at UW-Green Bay and we ran it my senior year of high school. It's really pretty simple, no baseline drives, help defense, keep pushing players to the help, shade their strong hand, three quarters high side post defense, close out shooters, jump second. Basically, push the play beyond the perimeter and help on defense to prevent drives. I wish we ran it here.

15. NashVol11

The NBA outcomes for each of Parker and Hood are a lot better than anyone from the Knight/Jones/Harrellson team that made the Final Four

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Poor Clemson

17. NashVol11

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

About as good of a first half as one could have hoped for.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not sure I've seen defense played as well as Va has been playing in a long time. Trying to think of a comparison.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can't remember if I saw it on here or twitter, but someone compared it to being slowly pecked to death by a bird.