College Football 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Tennessee, Texas, Arizona, and a lot of the sunbelt seems to be stabilizing.

I see that as positive

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Semantics. If you have kids in sports, it is as much life as work or school. It dominates the fridge and travel schedule. Sports dominates the daily schedules of college athletes and they live by these schedules. Its also a billion dollar business and millions of lives affected from players to workers so yes, sports is life or at least a big part of life for many of us.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I don't listen to Clay. Sorry to disappoint.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Sure, which is why you made the last statement you did, asking "Who's Clay Travis?" It's ok, man. Most Clay people are closeted over here, anyway.

5. VOLinDAWGland

What are you, 12? You sound like a 12 yo.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not just being a downer. Positive thinking alone doesn't actually do anything-- or at least I don't think it does, maybe it does for some people in some ways. And I am not saying should shut everything down, no football, etc. But we can't keep just thinking it is resolving itself to justify action or inaction. We had these same kind of conversations in June. Same. By a narrative of "it is getting better" becoming popular, it changes people's behaviors and then things trend bad again. It is better to think of it like the bands of hurricane than like a single storm that has passed. There is still a hurricane.

But I am not saying we should shut down again or not play football. I don't think we can shut down again. I have no idea what is right on football. Or school. But I do know the idea of "it is getting better, we'll just move on" is not going to lead to good reactions as conditions develop.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think overall things are trending upwards, but that doesn't mean we're not going to have ups and down as the virus finds areas that haven't been hit hard.

Hopefully we'll keep making progress on the vaccine and treatments.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Says the guy who asked if I was 12, and then used yo instead of spelling out year old.

Are there any emoji's you need to add to this conversation?

kmf600 likes this.
  10. VOLinDAWGland

:p

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Time to go grab Nebraska and Ohio State.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is it Tenny using the twitter account? If so, why isn't he posting here?

13. CardinalVol

Guys, there some legitimacy to the SEC creating a super conference for 2020.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't put a price on getting to watch Ohio State play in the SEC and go .500. I can't.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

The ol' Buffet maxim may come into play here - "Be greedy when everyone else is scared."

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Then basketball and other sports would be affected. Would be awesome but

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If I get an erection for more than 4 hours, do I need to call a doctor?

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

19. CardinalVol

Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club