College Football 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The average person is over it.

They understand it's real but they also want to get on with their lives and accept the risk

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Banned for mentioning his name.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Someone on the kickoff return team must have [uck fay]ed his wife or something

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes! Put our slowest db in man coverage on all sec slot from florida with no safety help, then nobody gets sick due to not being within 6 yards of him

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Butch’s one yard off the line GT-D is about to become a staple, if not a mandate.

7. Ssmiff

8. Ssmiff

i thought Bryce Thompson made a great point. You take the season away and the schedules and time management, you then add free time to many young men who are better off in a structured situation. They will go to 10 different places in a few days where they can pick up covid, including class. Why does football matter so much as far as safety? Kids move into dorms today and hit the meal plans with 100's of other kids. How is that safer?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's been my thing for a long while on this. If campus is open, why is football different than the general risk to the student body? If campus is closed, then aren't the athletes better off in a controlled setting than on their own at home?

There are may be some reasonable answer to these, but I haven't really seen any answer. I think the right approach would be to bubble the teams and staff and limit the in-person stuff on campus for other undergrads. Too late now, Sodexo needs that money.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

These guys will likely experience more rona related risks in their daily lives than what they will experience on the field. If they play a conference only schedule, they will be on the field against players that I'm assuming are being tested regularly and monitored closely. Off the field, college kids are going to be college kids. Parties, [uck fay]ing, parties, classes, parties that would almost guarantee exposure.

11. CardinalVol

Can't wait for media to completely twist what Sankey said this morning.

12. CardinalVol

Interesting.

13. Ssmiff

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Going to be funny if SEC football is what bust the bubble on this

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Isn't everyone talking about the Big 10, not the SEC?

16. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

SEC is why it didn’t just push through though

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Seems like all the flak the Big 10 is getting is why it didn't just push through.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

yeah but us acting like we were still going to play and not cancel lead to a lot of that flak.

20. CardinalVol

B1G is done for fall.