College Football Bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Dec 31, 2012.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

So did Torreta, Ware and Weinke.

2. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Swope is the shit

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Manziel did it against some great competition this year. As a redshirt freshman.

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

And ugly as a bag of assholes ... damn

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Herschel was a more dominant frosh.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You're not going to get any argument from me on that.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

When it crashes down on Johnny, and it will, things will be hideous.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

The superman celebration is such a douche move

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And that's why I can't stand the kid. He was better when he was a phenom.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Completely

11. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Will see how it goes for Johnny without his big guardian OT's next season. Let him celebrate - he's just a kid. His bad days in the future will grow him up.

We have seen several similar versions during bowl season of what you will see out of Jones next season from a scheme and philosophy stand point. The D's play contain and squeeze down in the red zone. The O's are wide open and no huddle. How long does it take to get the current roster up to speed on the system and the additional new pieces to play it? Is the Jones hire similar to the Sunseri hire - desperation move that is bound for failure, or does he have enough time to convert it all and prove it works or fails?

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I certainly don't mind him celebrating and I want to like the kid but I despise the individual celebrations. I admire his tenacity and the chip on his shoulder that comes with being a 6' tall 3 star and proving he's better than that. I just wish the celebrations were more team oriented out of the QB. I honestly think it shows more of an "yeah I'm the shit" air when a guy crosses the goal line, pitches the ball down and struts off the field like a man

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I love the way Manning used to and still does throw a TD and then strut his behind off the field like he owns the whole stadium. That's what I like to see. I also saw Rodgers go hug every one of his O linemen after a TD pass and never acknowledge the skill players. That was awesome. I'm a bit partial to the hogs on both sides of the ball tho.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He'd be right.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Sure but does that make what Johnny Football did any less impressive?

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Certainly doesn't diminish what manziel has and will accomplish. I just find it hard to like the kid. I don't know why.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Seems like a kid who has gotten success way too fast.

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

If you see Tennessee Orange in the endzone of the Compass bowl that would be my oldest son, youngest has a black shirt with Orange Tennessee across the front.

19. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Cool ... I'll watch closer

20. VIF

VIF New Member

Am I the only person that hates the BCS championship game on a Monday night? It starts so late I can only watch the first half before I have to go to bed. Luckily this year, I didn't miss anything unexpected.