College Football Bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Dec 31, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

USC down 7-0 to GTech in the 2nd quarter.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Vandy laying waste to NC State 38 to 17. Announcers call Rodgers TD celebration the "discount double check" (It's actually the championship belt). NC State player lays helacious block on Vandy and gets called for "targeting".

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Vandy surprised me this year.

4. Unimane

Yeah, they were better than I thought they would be, but, man, they were really fortunate on their schedule this season. It was soft, plus had some programs in big time down swings to get their 9 wins. I actually expect Jones to be at least able to turn kids in the state back towards UT, which shouldn't be too hard (it is Vandy, after all) and this year should be Franklin's high water mark. He needed to strike a big job while the timing was good, in my opinion.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why have you entered "Annoying Packer fan" mode these last 24 hours?

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

(Insert snarky Packer comments)

I'm mixed on whether USC isn't very good, or whether after 2 losses they stopped giving a damn.

7. Unimane

Really? That was bad? That was annoying?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, everyone knows what they are talking about with the "discount double check" because of the commercial the original user of the move was paid to do that mockingly called that. "The championship belt"-- who gives a ****?

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I honestly didn't know that it was called the championship belt. I also didn't see how Uni's comments were annoying, though.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Don't give a damn. Whether they were NC worthy or not, it was definitely title or bust expectations at SC.

11. Unimane

Because it happened right as I was writing the first line. I was under the assumption I was not writing a blog for the NY Times, so I apologize for writing a line that I forgot about 5 seconds later and just threw out there.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Coupled with the "Packers got screwed" thread, it comes across that way to me.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's a combination of not giving a damn and the fact that they were severely overrated. Their depth sucks.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apology accepted.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Eh, a valid argument can be made that they did get screwed. Being a UT fan these days allows a man a certain amount of meltdown leeway in my book.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Most definitely.

17. Unimane

Good enough for me. Now is Vince Lombardi the greatest coach ever or.............

18. Unimane

Thanks, I'm finding my nerves frayed by my teams, lately. The Milwaukee Bucks are a half game out of the Central Division, too. Watch those reliable losers give me hope, I just know those bastards will.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I remember when Tennessee used to play in bowl games. Those were good times.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

All of Aaron Rodgers's commercials are both bad and annoying.