Congrats, Peyton.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Part of it was our special teams KO coverage was actually very poor and we kept giving them the ball between the 30-40 to start every drive. They get 15 yards and they were across the field. On a related note, we really need a better punter than Brooks.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Didn’t we sign some kid from Australia?

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Was a mix of that and us giving them 15 free yards on penalty every drive. They only needed two first downs to get inside the 40 after that.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’d like to see less bend on D next year. When we play against elite offenses, we can’t give them that many opportunities. Hopefully a more confident defense will jump on the rotes we expect when we send pressure and stop just letting the qb make the throw.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I agree. Banks is getting a lot of plaudits for last night, but last night was not a recipe for success. Yes, this offense requires the defense to be on the field for more plays, but they also don't make enough stops early in drives to help themselves out. It's why our defense faded in some games. I'm hoping the influx of better athletes in the secondary will help, but the verdict is still out on Banks, for me. Martinez does need to go. I've never been impressed with him.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Surely to goodness Paxton Brooks no longer has any eligibility left. Feels like he’s been our punter since the Obama administration.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I love Nessler. You can only do so much when teamed up with the king ultra-chode.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Especially when the king-ultra-douche paired with you is addicted to continuously fixating on whatever is annoying him about the game that has little relevance to the game at hand itself

Memtownvol likes this.