Cortez McDowell

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Tar Volon, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Big time pick up. Big.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Awesome! I really hope Butch and Co. are able to coach these kids up. They've got a great class going right now with everything considered.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Everything considered? This is a great class regardless of situation, when you consider the steaming pile of shit he inherited what he and staff have done so far is miraculous.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's hard to disagree with this sentiment. My biggest complaint is that it would be nice to see some more pickups for the O-line and D-line. It's still far better than we've seen in a long, long time.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

That's what I meant by it. Considering the dumpster fire that has been UT for I don't know how long now...

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nice. Starting to get more defensive minded now

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Still got like ten spots left. They desperately need to get some OL/DL. I think they will, what caliber is the question.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well butch ****ing jones

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Butch is going to have a good chance to succeed. The way I see it, good players plus good coaching wins football games. I know this is only one class but he is off to a strong start at having the "good players" part of the equation down. we are still at a wait and see on the "good coaching" part, at least as it pertains to the most elite conference in football. But we couldn't have asked for a better start in recruiting so far

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I hear the train ah coming...

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Huge p/u in so many ways!

16. Nice. Jones has been doing a hell of a job as of late on the recruiting trail.

17. NashVol

NashVol New Member

Wow. What a pickup! I'm now genuinely impressed by Jones and co.

18. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

doesn't appear that these kids are afraid to play for Jancek and specifically Martinez. Db hall is ridiculous

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Recruiting has been surprisingly stout. I hope 5 or 6 wins isn't a problem for these guys.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Yeah I think the numbers will work out because a couple of these kids IMO will back out after the reality of our upcoming season sets in.. And that's with Butch selling them on the future.

Apparently Jackson hasn't even visited Knoxville yet?