Cortez McDowell

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Tar Volon, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

So you would rather be pumped full of sunshine? Ok.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

7 wins and the class stays together for the most part. There will always be a few late switches and some could be in Tennessee's favor

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

It doesn't have to be one way or the other.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Lot more level headed people here than the other place. ..

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

It's weird in the fact that the Football, Basketball, and Recruiting forums can go untouched for days at a time.

But how many times do you really want to read a "We're Going to Beat Bama This Year" thread full of idiots.

6. BigOrangeBeech

Exactly.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Fyp

8. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

After having the shits for three years, I hope this is the year of the Imodium.

9. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

What's dumb about what I said ? I'm pretty sure the most common opinion you'll find about this place (through other boards and on twitter) is that it's its a negative place. Now, you can not like that if you want but it's the truth. I know you'll like it though because this place doesn't pump sunshine, it's all cold hard truth over here, like it or not.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We were all so damn negative and wrong about Dooley. Thanks for pointing that out.

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Right, that's exactly what this is about.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We usually base our negativity in reality, in other words.

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

"Boom we just got a 4* safety today !!"

"Yeah, but we'll never keep him after the year we're going to have. "

That's more in the line of what I'm talking about.

14. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

"Recruiting has been surprisingly stout. I hope 5 or 6 wins isn't a problem for these guys."

That's not an overwhelmingly negative comment. Hell, that's pretty positive for BPV.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

For someone so positive, you sure like to [itch bay] and complain a lot.

16. BigOrangeBeech

Are you one of the ones that thinks the Butcher is gonna have us rolling into Eugene ready to stack some bricks and wax some ducks?

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Truth is being realistic about UT football for the past 8 years ( more or less) is going to mean sounding negative. I don't see any way around that.

But for those that say the site is overwhelmingly negative about Butch aren't paying attention. He has gotten everyone's attention and his work ethic has gained many's respect. That doesn't mean people aren't going to be realistic when saying a 7 win season seems to be best case scenario or that Butch still has a lot to prove on the field.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's worked his ass off and has sold the shit out of the program. If he fails, he's left no doubt that it's his fault and not Tennessee's. No one can have a legit gripe about him so far. He's a corny cheeseball, but it's working for him.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I kinda feel like it would have to be historically bad to destroy this class. These kids surely have some idea of the situation. If I was Butch I'd probably be quietly telling them not to expect much this season. But late switches are just another part of the deal, too.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

1. We are going to have an unimpressive season. Check back in late November to confirm.

2. Unimpressive seasons can be troubling for recruits that also have offers for programs like Bama.

3. Reality isn't always fun.