COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd rather have an outbreak here than those shit sticks vacationing in the area.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Too many. Should build Trump's wall around Blount County, imo.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

6 days. They have several in the hospital that had tests sent off.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

we should always take these numbers as a floor. so many people don't qualify for testing, and presumably for every positive there is some number of people walking around without any symptoms and unaware.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Which Knox really has only one confirmed case.

The other is in another country and hasn’t been to Knoxville anytime recent. Seems like that’s something they need to address on collecting the data.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And there will be people that, barring death, will not step foot in a doctor's office.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s me even before this even went down. It’s been 10 years since I’ve been to the doctor and that was for a physical for work.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why? Waste of time/money?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too, except for the two times I got strep and knew it from my kids

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No, just luckily not been really sick.

I try to eat healthy or at least whole food and not processed food and stay physically active.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I went longer than that, then my gall bladder resigned

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

They re only off by a day.

justingroves likes this.
  13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Are the highways starting to empty in Tennessee? I had to drive to a library yesterday to drop some books in the return receptacle and it was striking how much less traffic there was. There were cars out there but it was 5:30 on a Wednesday - would normally be bumper to bumper and stalled.

How many people are still dismissing this as an overblown media hit on Trump vs people accepting it but rejecting being controlled vs folks actually heeding the restrictions?

14. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s not usually the time the test actually takes, it’s a day for shipping, then they’re gonna batch the tests, probably repeat them too.
    Clinicians here love their PCR because they think they’re going to get their results in 3 hours but it doesn’t work that way

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I purposely stayed up to watch a news report after Lego Masters last night where a lab is offering home delivery kits that can be turned in a day, but they need some financial support to make it happen.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nashville traffic is back to 2002 level. There's a hell of a lot less people out and about

17. Beechervol

From what Ive read the FDA has made it where the the test doesn't have to be sent to the CDC to get an answer on as of Monday.
    As you stated it was taking up to a week to get results. Now some labs are getting them out in 2 days.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Does anyone know what kind of test is being done?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

the last time I drove in DC was a week ago, and traffic was noticeably better than usual. Now it is lower than I've ever seen it. you can just go. no long backups

20. Beechervol

It has decreased a lot since Monday.

The opinions vary really.

Some don't think much of it.
    Some think its more serious than the flu, mainly because it has a shot and everybody knows what it is. But they also think its been overblown.
    Others think its the end of mankind.

The political aspect is funny. Most think the politicians are positioning for the future which is true. Regardless of where you fall nobody will be immune to this during and after politically.