COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Thing is, cviruses has always been around and in us.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Airline seats are really beginning to be tough to sell for trans-Atlantic flights, let alone Asia. We are going to see cancellations soon. That’ll push WTI down toward low 40s if we don’t get other good news first.

3. TennTradition

Our president told us we’ll be down to just one or two cases very soon, so what are you worried about?

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

His response thus far has been a pretty gross miscalculation. [uck fay] what he is saying. Wife and I are concerned about it, enough so that we sat the boys down and kind of laid out a few worst case scenario possibilities. I told them that while we may not get infected, we will certainly feel the effects.

I'm going to buy a few things tomorrow and start getting a few weeks worth of stock, just in case.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have been collecting fine bourbons for weeks, and 3 bottles of tequila are in my cabinet, I'm good

Indy likes this.
  6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That's what she said

warhammer likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm assuming keeping a high BAC will kill all germs that attempt to enter my system immediately. I'm sure there are some science articles to back that up.

kmf600 and justingroves like this.
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I hope that he’s correct, but understand that he may not be.

So, business as usual. Are these the points you hoped to score, Tex?

9. TennTradition

Perfect.

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. GahLee

Trump should have waited until his second term to [uck fay] with China on trade. He was headed for a landslide victory, IMO, but now that is all up in the air.

11. TennTradition

He’s been reasonably successful with it. But their economy did skid (as did our manufacturing economy) and now its hit with this.

But I think that folks will excuse the economy if caused by this virus before they head for the exit.

His bigger risk is if people feel he was more interested in protecting the market than them.

12. GahLee

The quickest way to derail a second term is a tanking economy. Reasonable successful with it but at what cost and for how long?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This guy has it figured out.

kmf600 likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think most people are smart enough to understand what sort of effects something like Coronavirus can have on the economy and that the POTUS, whether it's Trump, Bernie, Clinton, or Daffy Duck, has very little control over it.

Maybe I'm giving most people too much credit.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The fact that people attribute the economy to any President is enough to make you shake your head.

It is mostly getting elected at the right or wrong time, imho.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's a train you can slow it down (obama) and speed it up (trump), but generally it's going to go where it goes no matter what you do unless you are a complete idiot like carter.

Volst53 and justingroves like this.
  17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

You are.

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. GahLee

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that this is China's response to Trump and his trade war.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

justingroves likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Whaaaa? You serious?

I have seen some crazy stuff from you, but this is really out there.

justingroves likes this.